Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

evolution hammer ?

Revofan

Nice part. Very well made. I want one too, but it's not necessary to lighten your trigger pull. My revo runs 100 percent at 6 pounds with federal primers and a stock hammer. I could probably go lighter but I don't like the feel. I went back to 6.25 lbs because I find it easier to run quickly.

i tried a fellow competitors revo this past week end and it had a 4lb trigger and it was increadible to shoot falling steel with

I have 3 N frame revolvers, all of them have triggers that are 4-5 lbs and all of them have evo hammers.

That is not to say that they are required or anything, not by a long shot, but a light hammer, which the evo is, is definitely part of the formula for getting a light action...

I'm sure you already know this, but the hammer alone will not make your trigger pull lighter.

True. The reduced mass hammer delivers more strike energy for a given amount of mainspring force so you can dial down the mainspring and still have proper ignition. And also, as mainspring force is reduced, you can reduce the rebound side spring force which is a large contributor to DA pull weight.

I'm sure you already know this, but the hammer alone will not make your trigger pull lighter.

True. The reduced mass hammer delivers more strike energy for a given amount of mainspring force so you can dial down the mainspring and still have proper ignition. And also, as mainspring force is reduced, you can reduce the rebound side spring force which is a large contributor to DA pull weight.

thats what im talkin about !!!!!! i tuned the gun as far as i can so im hoping with the hammer and some mainspring screw fine tuning the end resault will be a lighter pull i already have a smooth action

You should definitely be able to dial the DA pull down, my guess would be under 4# with the reduced mass hammer if you tune the springs as low as they will go and polish all the relevant places. I had my old 686 dialed down to 5# with the stock hammer (comp ammo only), so you should be able to get significantly lower.

The Apex extended firing pin also comes with a reduced power firing pin spring. Is this spring crucial to the proper operation? The reason I am asking is that I don't see other extended firing pin vendors mention reduced power firing pin spring on their online stores.