Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grand Power in the US: best time to purchase?

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't want to overstate this, so by all means check with Troy...

Thanks David, I will. Our next USPSA match is February 22nd, hopefully I will either hear back from Troy or find the X-Cal on the list at uspsa.org by then.

Did you guys also notice the magazines were dropped at $19.95?

I am getting 4 :)

I had that money reserved for something else GP-related but was unable to finalize the transaction. Oh well.

Edited by NicVerAZ

Somehow JG seems to have gotten more Mk7 K100's.

$299

http://www.jgsales.com/grand-power-k100-mk7-semi-auto-pistol,-9mm,-full-size-frame,-new.-p-58147.html

If anyone is on the fence about trying a GP, you're insane if you don't buy one.

PLEASE buy them before I buy another gun I don't need just because the deal is painfully good.

I have to assume that these are the guns Century held back just in case. ( warranty claims, etc)

There is nothing wrong with grabbing a bargain folks. Century only cover the mk7 with a one year warranty, but GP will have full parts support through Eagle Imports.

Just to be clear, let me expand upon the previous two posts-

The X-Cal hammer/sear mech is unique from the rest of the GP line in both the mk7 and mk12 models. Whether there were any changes between mk7 and mk12 X-Cal (or between ml7 and mk12 K100), I really do not know. There are a few obvious things, like the takedown system, and AFAIK all the mk12 GP's being imported into the US have the serrated trigger (I had thought this was X-Cal only, but I've seen P11's and other models with it). At a basic, fundamental level, though, the mk7 should function the same as its mk12 counterpart.

That said, here's what you get in a K100, whether mk7 or mk12:

-A single-action rivaling the Walther PPQ. 4-5lbs, very crisp, with ridiculously short travel and reset. We're talking about ~2mm from break to stop, and the same amount back out to reset.

-Double-action that you will not equal outside of a tuned CZ. No slop, no grit, no stacking. 7-8lbs.

-Total weight similar to a Glock 17 or other common fullsize polymer service pistols. Yet the GP's slide rides on a CNC'd internal receiver; not a few tiny chunks of metal embedded in the poly frame.

-Recoil as soft as all-steel fullsize pistols

-Extreme reliability. I have yet to hear of a single failure with the mechanics of a mk6, mk7, or mk12 gun.*

*With two exceptions: 1) STI-branded mk6's broke hammers (of custom STI design), and 2) EXTREME amounts of dryfiring without a snapcap can wear the roll pin that retains the firing pin, leading to a sticking firing pin. CZ's have the exact same 'problem,' which is easily remedied with a snap cap (...or by not dry-firing the gun a hundred thousand times. :D)

P.S. I am not a representative of GP. I just really, really like their guns and like to spread the word.

Over the last 18 months or so, we tweaked the sears slightly. I believe the older sears were CNC'd but the current versions are EDM'd. The part we produce today has even tighter dimensional control than before. It results in a subtle improvement in trigger feel than the older Mk7 guns. I describe them as coming out of the box as nice as a broken in part.

All 2012 and newer guns come with the frame drilled for both sear systems. We ship the X-Calibur and the K22 X-Trim (not yet ATF approved) with the X-Cal hammer and sear, and the rest of the line with the standard K100 hammer and sear.