Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Low Mass BCG Weights - Help me finish the chart

Gentleman4561

Voodoo Low Mass BC is 7.5 compared to standard 9.5

Adams Arms lMC 7.4oz compared to standard AA BG 9.4oz

bgc

Been putting this together as I noticed, while researching which one to buy, that this question comes up all the time.

If I missed any, please tell me, and if you can help fill in or correct weights then that is great too!

View here on Google Drive

I haven't used the Young Super light BCG but I do have the Young National Match BCG assembly in my Varmint/Target 20" Bull barrel AR and the form/fit/function are excellent. The extra bearing surface at the front end provides a tighter lock-up than std. BCG's

Ive been running 2 Young's Super Lights for a few years now and they have been excellent. No stoppages attributed to the BCG and they clean up well since they are chromed. Running them with buffers with weights removed and replaced with a .30/06 case.

• 2 months later...

Anybody have any info on the slick new AP Custom low mass BCG. They had them at the ProAm, but I cant find much info on them yet.

AP Customs is claiming 6.1 ounces for carrier + gas key. 8.2 ounces complete.

I weighed my AP Customs low mass bolt carrier @ 6.2 ozs. with a key.

The discontinued JP aluminum bolt carrier weighed 3.7 ozs. with a key. No bolt,firing pin, etc.

Edited by Pat Miles

The new JP aluminum should be ready soon...

I called them last Friday to ask about this...they told me about 3 weeks out right now.

No price yet, but said it was a package deal with the BCG, lightweight firing pin, and gas washers.

Looking forward to it.