Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EG Xtreme Grips

bayougump

I just got a new pair of the silver EG Xtreme grips and wanted to see if anyone had a black pair that they would be interested in trading? Also, has anyone tried cerakoting the Xtreme grips? What were the results? Thanks

Gump

are they for small frame or large frame? If you cant find anyone to trade, you could probably sell them on here and order the black ones. I just sent mine out to a shop and just got them anodized.

Edited by Kahai808

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm really confused. I just ordered and received some Xtreme grips for my Stock II. My order was was for a large frame, without magwell and they are too small. I'm sending them back.This is my pistol. Is the size I need Large Frame with Magwell?

Witnesscloseup2_zps50251afd.jpg

Edited by SCPistolero

I'm really confused. I just ordered and received some Xtreme grips for my Stock II. My order was was for a large frame, without magwell and they are too small.

When you say too small, what specifically is too small? Are they too short (magwell length), or do the screw holes not line up (small frame size), or are they just too thin for your preference?

Edited by BrazeauRacing

I'm really confused. I just ordered and received some Xtreme grips for my Stock II. My order was was for a large frame, without magwell and they are too small.

When you say too small, what specifically is too small? Are they too short (magwell length), or do the screw holes not line up (small frame size), or are they just too thin for your preference?

They are too short, custom (magwell) length grips. I specifically ordered Large Frame without Magwell from EAA in FL, no less. I provided the serial number, which they require, and this is what they sent me.

20141211_101533_zpsbjy0n9mv.jpg

I sent them an e-mail about the problem along with a picture of the pistol with the serial number visible. They are going to exchange them with the proper size in black. They are already on the way back to FL. Red is OK if the black is out of stock.

Edited by SCPistolero

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I have the proper size Xtreme grips and they look great but the screws used for the wooden grips don't look correct. The screw head does not fit in the countersunk portion of the screw hole in the grip panel. Is there a different screw to be used with these grips? The look very nice (and expensive). I don't want to mess them up. Thanks.

Edited by SCPistolero

the henning screws look nice with extreme grips. a bit exxy though. otherwise, stainless grips screws that CGW sell for CZ's will work too. as will other screws.

funnily enough my 2 pairs of extreme grips both came with new screws (black torx head screws) but in one pack somoene had obviously robbed one as it had one regular flat blade type screw (like the wood grips use) and one torx screw... thanks a lot eric!!