Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any drawbacks (besides cost) to accu-shadow?

motosapiens

It looks like I have achieved a goal I set back at the start of the year, and my reward is a new production gun. I've been shooting 75b's in 40 minor, worked over with some cgw parts and lots of dryfire, but I'd like the full-length rail, and short-reset trigger, and why not save a few bucks by shooting 9 instead of 40. So for you guys with accu-shadows, are they any more annoying to work on or clean, or do they require any more maintenance than a standard shadow? I'm not convinced I need any more accuracy than my non-accu CZ's have (they are all very accurate), but it would be cool I guess.

Thanks in advance.

I haven't noticed any additional maintenance retirements. The bushing comes out easily. Adds like 15 seconds to a full takedown.

I don't really like the looks of the HAJO. Seems taller than I would prefer.

No obvious deficiencies.

Recently passed 20k rounds through mine along with near-daily dry fire. The bushing unscrews with finger pressure (haven't needed the wrench) and must be removed to pull the barrel from the slide. As Alma says, that adds fifteen seconds to takedown and reassembly. Other than that, nada.

Only problems have been a broken trigger-return spring and sheared height-adjustment screw on the HAJO rear sight. The design on the latter has been updated to make it sturdier.

I do like the extra weight and shorter reset compared to my tuned 75B Stainless.

None that I have experienced. Yes it is expensive but the shooting confidence you gain in the mechanical accuracy is well worth it to me.

+1 First range trip with mine today. All I can say is wow. Having shot a G17 in production for several years, I never imagined that there would be a huge difference. I was pleasantly surprised how quickly I was able to adapt to the DA first shot. Accuracy was better for me by a lot.

I wish they had stock target sight versions, but other than that, no issues so far.

However, I do not like the sight as they have very sharp edges unlike my shadow target, which has rounded edges. I get cut often on empty gun start stages.

Very easy to take down for maintenance. No special too required for the bushing. You can remove it with your hand.

The Accu has made a believer out of me. I didn't think I'd notice any difference in terms of my hits on target, but without question I've noticed an improvement. I'm hitting more alpha's, less delta's and no-shoots, and I no longer worry about distant target head shots or distant small poppers. You won't notice any difference from 15 yards or so and closer, but 20 yards and farther you will notice a slightly tighter grouping. At least I have.

I don't care much for the HAJO rear sight, but now that I'm dialed in with it I'm reluctant to change it.

Easy to modify the build when ordering from the shop.

Can do the adjustable rear, just adds $210.

Can do fixed comp or tactical rear.

:o

yikes. does the adjustable rear require a different slide milling? I guess it must if I understand the whole ipsc production thing.

I kinda like fixed sites, but it means i have to futz around with a couple different front sights before I'm happy.