Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G41 Approved for Production

atbarr

Finally!

"Im happy to let you know John Amidon with USPSA has approved the GLOCK Model 41 for Production Class.

Thank you for supporting GLOCK.

Alan

Alan Ramsey

Director of Training & GSSF

GLOCK Professional, Inc."

Yeah, but the backside is that those big holes will turn a "I almost hit that No-Shoot" into a "Dammit, I hit that No-Shoot"....

The 41 does feel good, but I think that it'd be more-appropriate for Limited-10 Division. You'll never get a 45, even at Minor Power Factor, to feel as good as a Minor 9.

Well, that you do....but when you put 3-4 holes in each target instead of the mandatory 2, and those being giant holes as well, well, they are gonna start charging you extra to shoot that thing....to pay for the pasters....just trying to save you some money, AT....

• 1 month later...

I had my G41 set up by ZEV and WMD guns and Dawson Precision as a full blown limited gun. Not sure why, other than it looks cool, shoots great and is different. No magwell though on account of the fact that nobody makes one. Can't even get a Seattle Slug for any Gen 4 yet. I will run it in limited with Arredondo base pads as a fun diversion now and then, and play with my buddies in L10 from time to time. Neat blaster. :)

Bobby Carver now makes an aluminum magwell for the Glock 20, 21 and 41 Gen 4's. They come in both silver and black. It has a small brass plug that fits the Gen 4 back channel and is the attachment point for the aluminum magwell (like the small frame Dawsons). The aluminum magwell and plug weigh in at 3.7 oz. according to the specs. I wish he made one in stainless for more weight, but it is still much better than no magwell when using the gun in L10.

BTW - I've been waiting for nearly two years for Robin Taylor (Taylor Freelance) to get a Gen 4 Seattle Slug on the market. According to the e-mail I received from Robin about a year ago, he wants it to work with back straps in place and his prototypes were having issues in that regard. I've checked back on his website quite often over the past year and thus far, no Gen 4 Seatle Slug. Robin even took down the informational piece about working on a Gen 4 prototype.

One thing I have noticed about my G41 is the grip angle is slightly different than my Gen 3 guns. OTOH it is pretty much identical to a 1911 with flat MS housing. I run mine with a 13# spring. It appears to shoot almost as softly as my G35 at the 130PF. I too like the big holes. I will take my chances with hitting a non threat target. Most shooters will pick up 2-4 seconds in a typical 120 round IDPA match due to the large holes.

I run 3.0 gr of Clays in mine.

Edited by Joe D