Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lack of groups

lstone

I have a Glock 35 that I bought. It is a retired police service pistol. The gun never has grouped well and will have flyers most of the time. after looking at the forums I have come up with I probably have a Locking block or barrel issue. I can push down on the chamber when the gun is locked in battery and it will move a good 32nd of a inch and the slide will move back a equal amount. I Can take my glock 34 and do the same thing and it will barely move at all. the question is what is the best way to eliminate which part. I don't really want to buy a barrel if its the locking block or vice versa. all help appreciated

Edited by lstone

Why don't you tighten up your frame to slide fit first?

Not a 1911.

Doesn't have to be a 1911 to need work tightening the slide channels. Takes a ton of slop out of it.

Use the search feature and you'll see plenty on this subject..

Slide to frame fit doesn't have that much to do with accuracy in a Glock unless you are shooting a frame mounted optic. It can help to clean up the trigger but I don't think it will do wonders for our groups. Lock into the slide is more important but all of my factory Glocks have had some play when you push down on the hood. Find a friend with a G35 and try the part swap out to see if anything makes a difference.

Doesn't have to be a 1911 to need work tightening the slide channels. Takes a ton of slop out of it.

Use the search feature and you'll see plenty on this subject..

A tight barrel lock up is the most important accuracy enhancement on a Glock.

True enough you can improve lockup by improving the slide to frame fit but that is not the typical "fix" for these types of problems in Glocks. Most time the problem is the locking block followed by one of any number of issues with the barrel. While seldom necessary, if you have a Glock Armorer in your area I'd take the weapon and a sample target to him/her (include some the unused ammunition from the box used to shoot this group) and have them give it a once over. Yes there are costs involved but if you are not comfortable doing work on a Glock for yourself, an Armorer becomes a resonable compromise. And FYI...I am NOT a Glock Armorer but have one close by and his detail skills have kept my Glock in the "game" for well over 100,000 rounds with no change in accuracy.