Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best glock magazine base pad

Shooter212

I have both Dawson and TTI, and had to do some mag swapping yesterday since I'm selling the G35 and got a good feel for the on/off and how they feel on their own off the mags. I prefer TTI because of how easy they are to take off for mag cleaning. The Dawsons can be a tad bit tough to slide open if it has been a while since I cleaned them last. For ease of install I'd have to give the nod to the Dawsons. Both are easy, but being able to compress the mag spring in the extension on the Dawson made it just a tad easier.

I know it isn't much, but the TTI are $9.50 more than the Dawsons for each extension ($41.99 vs $32.49). I have 12 mags for my G35; 6x 40 and 6x 9mm. That's $114 extra if I had put extensions on all of them in TTI. That's half way to nice race holster. On paper, everything points to the Dawsons....but I prefer the TTI. I never broke down the cost before, but even knowing it now I would go TTI. But that's just my opinion.

Bulk pricing is always an option. Just give us a call. =p

I have both Dawson and TTI, and had to do some mag swapping yesterday since I'm selling the G35 and got a good feel for the on/off and how they feel on their own off the mags. I prefer TTI because of how easy they are to take off for mag cleaning. The Dawsons can be a tad bit tough to slide open if it has been a while since I cleaned them last. For ease of install I'd have to give the nod to the Dawsons. Both are easy, but being able to compress the mag spring in the extension on the Dawson made it just a tad easier.

I know it isn't much, but the TTI are $9.50 more than the Dawsons for each extension ($41.99 vs $32.49). I have 12 mags for my G35; 6x 40 and 6x 9mm. That's $114 extra if I had put extensions on all of them in TTI. That's half way to nice race holster. On paper, everything points to the Dawsons....but I prefer the TTI. I never broke down the cost before, but even knowing it now I would go TTI. But that's just my opinion.

Bulk pricing is always an option. Just give us a call. =p

Lol, too late, that one is up for sale. I'm waiting for you to prototype some Tanfoglio large frame extensions now. :cheers:

I have Arredondo on a couple of used mags that I bought. They are a little beat up and work OK but I'm thinking of switching to TTI.

I hear great things about them and really like they way they look.

Just waiting to see if they ever run any discounts or specials so I can get them into my price range.

Another thing I'm really liking about the TTI +6 pads: the weight. The weight of the pads themselves and +6 rounds really adds a fair amount of weight to the gun. It provides a REALLY stable platform.

I have been shooting 3 gun with stock mags and looking to get a few more rounds. Which ones do you guys like? Any to stay away from? Thanks

All the brands are good enough, they work, they're available, they're cheap, buy whichever you feel like.

With 23+1 capacity please realize you're probably not going to need to change magazines often anymore in 3 Gun. With most courses of fire you'll be done with your pistol shooting before you run the gun dry. However, in the event that you DO need to change magazines then please consider downloading the 2nd mag to 22rds to make seating it smoother and easier. 46 pistol shots in 3 Gun is more than you should need for any 3 Gun course of fire.

Or for that matter USPSA.

Edited by Moltke

I have been shooting 3 gun with stock mags and looking to get a few more rounds. Which ones do you guys like? Any to stay away from? Thanks

All the brands are good enough, they work, they're available, they're cheap, buy whichever you feel like.

With 23+1 capacity please realize you're probably not going to need to change magazines often anymore in 3 Gun. With most courses of fire you'll be done with your pistol shooting before you run the gun dry. However, in the event that you DO need to change magazines then please consider downloading the 2nd mag to 22rds to make seating it smoother and easier. 46 pistol shots in 3 Gun is more than you should need for any 3 Gun course of fire.

Or for that matter USPSA.

I use these mags and shoot limited. I keep 3 mags on my belt, but RARELY need the 3rd mag for standard stanges.

Mag A- Used for the standard reload that I plan for on almost every stage. I find a breakpoint somewhere near the middle (16-18 shot mark) and I plan a reload.

Mag B- Used to chamber 1st round to Load and Make Ready. Put back on the belt and almost never touched again.

Mag C- Starts in the gun after Mag B chambers 1st round.

80% of the time I never touch Mag B after the Barney round. But it's helpful to have there during some stages there there are funky forced reloads or multiple strigs/reloads.

• 4 weeks later...

are TTI Base Pad +0 for Glock legal for IDPA SSP?

I learned the hard (& expensive way, bought 3 from TTI and 4 from online vendor $244) way, the TTI +0 are not SSP legal because they weigh 1.5oz each, with the center milled out for additional capacity the smalls probably weigh the 1oz maximum (TTI can confirm or correct).

However according to TTI they ( the smalls) will not function and feed right on a single stack 10rd Glock magazine.

I have sent the +0's out to have weight reduced and recoated to be SSP legal.