Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone make a Dillon 1050 spent primer bin upgrade?

Tired of emptying the cup. Seen a .38 SPL case used along with a washer cut into a "D" shape and held in place with a screw under the decapping station pin. It's an ok idea, but looking for something better. Also seen where someone jammed a 5.56 case, neck first, into the primer drop hole after cutting off the head of the case. That didnt last long from what I read.

Was hoping someone had already engineered/produced a bracket to replace the bin holder with something I can slip some clear vinyl tubing over to go into a 5-gallon bucket.

Edited by Brassaholic13

After I built a fixture to make them for my 1050's I went ahead and made a bunch up and them had powdercoated a while back.

[removed by mod]

There is not a lot to them if you are a DIY type. I used 1/8" steel and TIG welded on a stainless tubing.

post-6631-0-60876300-1403264223_thumb.jp

My sized-out .223 case has lasted for ~195,000 rounds and counting. The 8lb powder jug on the floor the tube goes to about needs emptying again.

My 1050 has the round-hole primer exit. Newer ones may not.

Have a better photo of how you installed that tube, Tom?

I drilled the primer dump hole out bigger and tapped in the alum tube in place.

The next time I tear down the press to clean it or change calibers I will take a picture.

My sized-out .223 case has lasted for ~195,000 rounds and counting. The 8lb powder jug on the floor the tube goes to about needs emptying again.

My 1050 has the round-hole primer exit. Newer ones may not.

I tried the 223 cut brass ... and it didnt last too long

After I built a fixture to make them for my 1050's I went ahead and made a bunch up and them had powdercoated a while back.

[removed by mod]

There is not a lot to them if you are a DIY type. I used 1/8" steel and TIG welded on a stainless tubing.

where or who can pick 3 of these up ???

Edited by RippSpeed

[removed by mod]

where or who can pick 3 of these up ???

Email mike@selectarms.com

something similar to tom's only i mounted a container under the bench top. Using a cut 223 pc of brass. The way it is mounted with tube through the bench it is held in place with no issues after 10K of processing.

something similar to tom's only i mounted a container under the bench top. Using a cut 223 pc of brass. The way it is mounted with tube through the bench it is held in place with no issues after 10K of processing.

It works, until you decide to start loading or processing large primers, they will not drop free thru the 223 neck...experienced that when I started loading 308.

Then I had to get one of the deals that have a tube (with a hose) attached to a mounting bracket that is screw mounted to the frame. Can't remember where I got it, will try to find out and report back....

jj

Edited by RiggerJJ