Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Taylor Freelance Barrel Shroud

RJH

Sweetback- I hear the SJC weight is a pain to install. Any truth to that? Also, what holster are you using with it? I have a Ghost, and I'm somewhat reluctant to get it modified for the SJC weight. Also, if you ever decide to upgrade your trigger, I highly recommend you go with a Pyramid Trigger. It's an amazing product.

Just like phoenixsomb said about weight install.

Ghost holster: I dremel out material until it fit. SJC will do it for you and fill in the void with filler.

My triggers are just as good as any of the after market.

After alteration to holster for SJC weight it will still accommodate other glocks that you might have.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweetback- Thank you.

I ordered the WSM II and SJC FW from BB. I already have a Ghost but will probably modify mine eventually.

Which sights do you use? I've noticed with the Dawson Adjustable rear and a slightly taller Dawson FO front, that I'm dead on from 5-7 yards, but from 10 yards and on groups start to rise. At 20 yards my groups are a full 5" from the aimpoint. Pretty frustrating. Have you seen the same results at distance?

I'll be checking out the fixed TTI soon and see if that alleviates some of the issue.

I am using the Dawson adj.(019-032) with a .335 tall front.

If you want the group to come down and have run out of elevation adjustment, you,ll need a taller front sight to bring the group down.

I have the group down to 1" above point of aim. With all the elevation down.

i would have to get the next size taller (.350) to get it to point of aim at 20yds.

But it' ok as is.

Sweetback- Thank you.

I ordered the WSM II and SJC FW from BB. I already have a Ghost but will probably modify mine eventually.

Which sights do you use? I've noticed with the Dawson Adjustable rear and a slightly taller Dawson FO front, that I'm dead on from 5-7 yards, but from 10 yards and on groups start to rise. At 20 yards my groups are a full 5" from the aimpoint. Pretty frustrating. Have you seen the same results at distance?

I'll be checking out the fixed TTI soon and see if that alleviates some of the issue.

BrknCylncr what spring weight do you use on your 31/22 slide TF shroud combo?

Sweetback- Thank you.

I was running a 11lb ISMI with Glock Store Tungsten rod, but had locking issues and bumped it to 13lbs. It's a worn out 13lb-er so it's probably more like 12lbs. But you know how it is- the number is just a reference. I prefer it lighter over heavier, but the gun has to lock up. I've got a 180 SNS coated load and a 180 Xtreme load that appears working so far for this setup. What luck are you having with your spring combos? Also- I got my gun to hit at 20 yards now by swapping adjustable rear with a fixed Dawson rear. Life is good.

Has anyone tried the shroud with a 35 + 24 barrel + shroud (uncut)? Or is it impossible to make...a massive sight tracking glock would be pretty sweet especially with an sjc heavy magwell and frame weight.

Along the same vein has anoyne tried this with a G20? I started a new thread to ask this but I think i should have just asked here.

Has anyone tried the shroud with a 35 + 24 barrel + shroud (uncut)? Or is it impossible to make...a massive sight tracking glock would be pretty sweet especially with an sjc heavy magwell and frame weight.

Along the same vein has anoyne tried this with a G20? I started a new thread to ask this but I think i should have just asked here.

To me it makes sense, assuming you're getting a conversion barrel to 40. I'm assuming that this would allow longer loads because the G20 mags are bigger. I would want to mill-down the slide to get it to the same weight as a G22, but then again Vogel is adding front weight to his G35 slide...

Yep, I want to do the same thing to my 35. Probably without the frame weight. Remaining questions to be answered are what brand barrel, and how tight do I want the chamber.

Sweetback- Thank you.

I was running a 11lb ISMI with Glock Store Tungsten rod, but had locking issues and bumped it to 13lbs. It's a worn out 13lb-er so it's probably more like 12lbs. But you know how it is- the number is just a reference. I prefer it lighter over heavier, but the gun has to lock up. I've got a 180 SNS coated load and a 180 Xtreme load that appears working so far for this setup. What luck are you having with your spring combos? Also- I got my gun to hit at 20 yards now by swapping adjustable rear with a fixed Dawson rear. Life is good.

The lightest spring i had on hand was 14 lbs. It's working ok going to get a 13 lb. later on to see if it still feeds/locks up.

Will get a .350 tall Dawson front if i have problems at 20yds.

To me it makes sense, assuming you're getting a conversion barrel to 40. I'm assuming that this would allow longer loads because the G20 mags are bigger. I would want to mill-down the slide to get it to the same weight as a G22, but then again Vogel is adding front weight to his G35 slide...

He is adding weight to his frame with a faux light assembly filled with lead i believe.

The G20 sounds like a cool project to me... All the parts that are needed are out there- magwell, basepads, guide rods and springs, 6" threaded barrels

Only thing I can think of as a negative is that there would be a gap between the slide and sight block but who cares? You could always fabricate a barrel the "right" length and make it look cleaner.

Edited by polymerfeelsweirdman

Yep, I want to do the same thing to my 35. Probably without the frame weight. Remaining questions to be answered are what brand barrel, and how tight do I want the chamber.

KKM. I left the "tightness" as to whatever they set it at their factory.

I think that would be too long to be competitive for USPSA.

Here's mine. I emailed TF and asked him what does he recommend for a g35, and he told me he got a batch cut up for g35 with g35 threaded barrel, and at the time when I emailed him he hasn't done one with g24 threaded barrel with the sight block for a g35, but he said he could cut one up.

I ordered the barrel through LW. And told them I want the barrel to be reamed, they didn't charge me extra and sent me a barrel without the ugly wolf, which I'm happy about. I haven't live fire it yet but my hand loaded rounds feed fine and extract fine so far.

PS: the frame weight isn't totally installed, I just slid it on for the pics.

PPS: Anybody wanna check the rules if there's a barrel length rule in limited/limited 10 div?

70216976749638a3d68de24dd6c8aa94.jpg56af8905a66351731a720adfdd09725d.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

PPS: Anybody wanna check the rules if there's a barrel length rule in limited/limited 10 div?

I don't see a regulation in the rule book on max length or weight. If you ever go to Canada or overseas, then I think you might run into issues under IPSC. But why a 7" barrel?

I like your G35. I just wish there was a way to contour the FSB so it looks more aesthetically pleasing.

Let me know if you get lucky with mounting that Frame Weight so it doesn't tilt downward at the front of the barrel.

Ordered a tungstein guide rod with 13lb. spring from Glock Store. I cut 2 coils off let slide stay open for a week to let spring take a set. Shot it last week with major practice ammo to see if it would malfunction. Had no lock up issues. Shot a match today at MCRC in Columbia SC came in 3rd Limited and High super senior. HEAVY HITTER 2.0 ran flawless.

Edited by sweetback

• 1 month later...

Anyone started shooting high with the sight block? I shot about 100 rounds today at 10 yards and the groups were at least 2 inches higher. I'm using TTI front and rear sight.

I don't have the gun with me right now, so does that mean the rear sight is taller than the front sight? and since the front sight moved further out so now I have to raise up the front more to get both sights aligned?

Edited by blackiechan

Anyone started shooting high with the sight block? I shot about 100 rounds today at 10 yards and the groups were at least 2 inches higher. I'm using TTI front and rear sight.

I don't have the gun with me right now, so does that mean the rear sight is taller than the front sight? and since the front sight moved further out so now I have to raise up the front more to get both sights aligned?

Blackiechan- I had this issue with my adjustable Dawson rear even when using a .300T sight, so I swapped it out with a Dawson Fixed HD rear and I was able to get POA-POI at 20yards, but anything within 10yards was about 1-2" high. I then got a .335T sight and went back to the adjustable Dawson rear on a different slide and so far I'm happy with the results. But if your slide touches the FSB you'll notice that the sight WILL move from the impact of the two parts touching when the gun goes back in battery. The only fix is to machine down the FSB a tiny amount or unscrew it one full turn so it doesn't touch. Sadly the FSB and the Dawson front sights are NOT perfect fitting pieces, so they do move over time. However, I haven't tried Dawson's G24/G17L front sights, so I'm not sure if those will make a difference. I would like to know if those are a tighter fit in the FSB's front sight hole. I do use the TTI sights on my G35 slide (Prod gun) with positive results.

That's my plan. Gonna email KKM to see if they can do a G24 threaded barrel.

Talked to Mr. Taylor this afternoon, and he wants to see one done up. LOL