Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Taylor Freelance Barrel Shroud

RJH

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I just corresponded with Mr Taylor about a shroud for a G35. He made no mention of a 40-9 conversion, however, I just wanted to say, he's an awesome guy, answered all my questions and was very upfront with me about everything. I'll be doing business with him for sure!

I understand his machines are very busy coupled with several projects. I put a G24 suppressor barrel in my G35 with a TF sight block. Turned out great, I had to have the SB milled a tad to make the barrel be flush with technology front of the SB. This is not something TF sells yet, like the 9mm SB.... he has been great but busy.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I tried to have Lone Wolf cut down and thread a barrel for me but met with email silence after starting the conversation so I figured they didn't want the work.

Give KKM a try. They were receptive to another project I'd wanted, but I didn't move forward. So it seems like they would accommodate you.

• 4 months later...

Well Boys, you won't have to wait much longer. I got the beta version in today for testing. This is an ultra modern looking speed block and looks quite a bit different than it's .40 caliber counterpart. Will be doing some testing with it this weekend and providing feedback. It won't be long now and all of you 9mm guys will have what you have been waiting so patiently for.

Hey Guys,

I can't believe it's taken THIS LONG for the 9mm sight block (now nicknamed a "Speed Block") to get to the top of the job board. As they say, being super busy is a good problem to have. . . but it's still a problem.

Bowen is right, we totally re-did both styles. Much less weight, leading to better function with the 9mm and faster slide speed on the .40.

New profile works with Gen. 3, Gen. 4, and Gen 4-retrofit-to-Gen 3 recoil systems (big improvement over the first model).

The set screw is MUCH beefier and better supported, and the whole thing was CNC'ed in house by Mike Fox on our newly-activated 4th axis -- instead of by a contractor on a 3-axis setup. What's the difference? Much more precise throughout. Even the threads are CNC machined (not tapped in the conventional way).

Got some LW barrels in this week as well, so we've got the whole kit ready to roll.

Shooting mine in a steel match tomorrow.

SB side.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/19/2016 at 0:01 AM, Robin Taylor said:

Hey Guys,

I can't believe it's taken THIS LONG for the 9mm sight block (now nicknamed a "Speed Block") to get to the top of the job board. As they say, being super busy is a good problem to have. . . but it's still a problem.

Bowen is right, we totally re-did both styles. Much less weight, leading to better function with the 9mm and faster slide speed on the .40.

New profile works with Gen. 3, Gen. 4, and Gen 4-retrofit-to-Gen 3 recoil systems (big improvement over the first model).

The set screw is MUCH beefier and better supported, and the whole thing was CNC'ed in house by Mike Fox on our newly-activated 4th axis -- instead of by a contractor on a 3-axis setup. What's the difference? Much more precise throughout. Even the threads are CNC machined (not tapped in the conventional way).

Got some LW barrels in this week as well, so we've got the whole kit ready to roll.

Shooting mine in a steel match tomorrow.

SB side.jpg

Any more Pics?  What purpose does the gap between the dust cover on the frame body and the sight serve?  Are these for sale yet?

• 1 year later...
The shroud is threaded on the front end. So yes, a G34/35 threaded barrel is needed for a G17/22 slide. And the same length is needed for a G34/35 slide. Therefore I'm running a threaded G24 barrel in my G35.
As seen in prior posting, Robin has cut down the block for those that wants to run a threaded G34/35 barrel on their G34/35 slide.
What brand barrel did you go with shoot me a pm if you would please.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk