Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mossberg JM Pro Failure To Feed

ladysaiga

Side view as requested ...

IMG_20150414_204037463_zpsk8berym4.jpg

I've thought about filling those air pockets and getting it cerakoted but its not hurting anything so I'll leave it for now

That's a smooth looking transition! I hadn't considered MPOM's Black JB Weld suggestion. I'll have to pick some up. The last time I bought JB weld was 20 years ago and the only color was gray.

I've actually got a 28" barreled 930 inbound with factory WOOD furniture for fitment of a raw CFR. I'm hesitant to even go there, but my woodworking background tempts me to build a 'traditional looking' quad-ready 930 with invisible go-fast goodies and show up to 3-Gun with it. Summer (all 3 weeks of it) in Oregon IS coming...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

post-13860-0-09051100-1430438754_thumb.jpost-13860-0-81879000-1430438805_thumb.jpost-13860-0-24589600-1430438815_thumb.jAs promised, a few (crappy) photos of JB Weld filled bubbles. Bright light makes the defects appear much bigger than they really are.

Ignore the red follower, as a blue one is on the way, via logiztix :rolleyes:

The OR3GUN follower came in ...

IMG_20150504_174319628_zpsqavblocq.jpg

And compared to stock and the Mossy specific Nordic

IMG_20150504_174152765_zpsfnigkmod.jpg

With stock I can easily fit 10 in my stock tube w XXL endcap.

With the Nordic, I can only fit 9

With the OR3GUN I can still get 10, but that last round just barely gets passed the latch.

I plan on getting a longer tube (+9) anyway since I'll be doing quads instead of twins, so that will fix that issue

OR3GUN-Follower-Comparison-Top.jpg

I don't have a Mossberg specific Nordic on hand, but here's the original Nordic with the OR3GUN, Dave's, GG&G, Mossberg Ver 1, Mossberg Ver 2.

And their side profile, in the same order of skirt height:

OR3GUN-Follower-Comparison-Side.jpg

I haven't weighed them all yet for you ultimate gamers, but with all that Teflon, I have already dropped several of them.

:ph34r:

Has anyone been able to get replacement springs from Moxxberg? I just contacted them and I am waiting to hear back if I can get a complete spring kit from them. Starting to have issues with my gun and want to get it tuned up and start running it again before Nordic next month.

Has anyone been able to get replacement springs from Moxxberg? I just contacted them and I am waiting to hear back if I can get a complete spring kit from them. Starting to have issues with my gun and want to get it tuned up and start running it again before Nordic next month.

It think most people went aftermarket

Where are they getting them from aftermarket?

Nordic perhaps

Nordic perhaps
Wolff maybe

I'll try calling again tomorrow when I have more time. The woman I spoke to today had no idea what I recoil spring was and couldn't find any replacement springs. I hate their customer service, almost didn't have a shotgun last year for TFD because I had to send it in a month before the match, telling them I was leaving to go out of state for a match and needed the gun repaired, sent it in, it was fixed in 2 days. Took them over 2 weeks to ship it back to me. I had 2 weeks to verify it was working correctly and fix the parts they replaced that I told them not too such as the shell catch.

Springs on the way, except for the trigger group springs, wouldn't send those becuase i am not a gun smith.

Anywho, when someone gets the Or3gun plunger could you post up the specs? I might make one here shortly to try out. Gives me something to do while I am at work, ill measure mine this weekend and I might just start making one to see if it chagnes anything.

So, here's an update on the plungers. We obviously didn't anticipate selling out the entire initial production run before having more produced, let alone within 24 hours. Our machinist now has material on order, but we're likely looking at mid-June for orders not already in our system. Some backorders may be filled in the meantime as we exhaust existing material. Rest assured, we have learned from this and have adjusted initial quantities on all new parts that are in the pipeline.

Now for the good news. We are working on an interim option for those with existing backorders. About a week before we announced, over a third of the initial plunger run was sent out for another project that is supposed to be ready sometime around June 1. We are looking at the feasibility of postponing this new project until we have adequate stock of plungers on hand, which may free a LIMITED quantity of plungers to those with existing backorders by the first week of June. We will email those with such backorders individually, when and if this option pans out.

Speaking of the plunger ... Detail stripped the JM tonight since the new part will be here Sat - wasn't expecting to find this!

IMG_20150521_182639263_HDR_zpsiw3w5psm.j

And as expected ...

IMG_20150521_182658076_HDR_zpsdcwejled.j

:surprise:

So, the carrier link 'melon balled' a ring out of your factory plunger? Or, did that ring come from somewhere else? You might take a look at your link to see if it is making contact somewhere. There is an alignment section on it that may be a touch long on yours. These plungers are definitely a wear item in these things.

Hi Logiztix,

I'm liking my multi use MST, but I missed out on the plunger pre-sale.

Is the plunger clear anodized or is it raw aluminum? Are there any concerns with galling against the steel recoil spring tube?

I also just had some technical questions- more hypothetical than anything.

You've made it clear on ore3gun.com that there is a "delicate balance between load weight and reliable cycling", which I'm sure everyone who plays this game understands.

I'm just wondering what issues are encountered when too heavy a load is ran through a system optimized for skeet farts. In an extreme example, let's take a broken-in 930 JM Pro with a competition MST, Plunger, clipped recoil spring, lightened bolt, titanium bolt handle, etc...

If a 3" 1500 fps Prairie Storm or a 1-3/8 oz Brenneke slug is cycled through it, other than beating on the receiver , what issues are introduced?

Of course, I don't intend to complete a stage with magnum turkey loads, but I don't know how cycling issues manifest themselves when I've overloaded that "delicate balance". I was just hoping you could share your experience so I can keep at least one step ahead of any potential issues.

Thanks!

Edited by BitchinCamaro