Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock 2 VS Limited Pro

The question should really be: which one can you find?

I've shot both and I prefer the Limited Pro; I feel like it's better balanced, the Stock II feels a little nose heavy to me but that's subjective, objectively you get an extra 1/4" of sight radius, barrel and recoil system. What's a 1/4" between friends? that's up to you to decide :)

I have both, and all else being equal I think you'd have to be EG to notice any kind of difference in performance. They "feel" very slightly different in that, as mentioned, the entire weight difference is right at the muzzle.

Yes you can shoot coated bullets.

The stock 2 may shoot flatter based upon your technique. The Limited Pro has almost no muzzle rise so...It is going to depend on what YOU like.

No one can answer this question for you.

I personally preferred the Limited Pro but it was like swinging a boat anchor which was why I sold mine.

My stock 2 is 9mm and Lim pro is .40 minor, so not STRAIGHT apples to apples, but both stay very flat and cycle quickly compared to the plastic I used to shoot. Probably the stock 2 is just a hair better the way I have them set up now; could be the caliber, or the weight, or the fact that I've shot 10x more rounds through it than the Lim Pro.

I really wish they would have left production to cheap mass produced pistols.

There is absolutely no reason you cannot be competitive with a cheap and easy to get Production pistol.

The differences between this ($460):

eaa_witness_steel.jpg

and this ($1,230):

716006638_1.jpg

are very subtle and relatively superficial. Sure, the checkering feels better, it has cooler sights and a prettier finish, but only you can decide how much that's worth to you. The fire control mechanisms are the same, so you can get just as good a trigger from a $500 gun or a $1,500 gun (they both leave much to be desired out of the box).

Edited by kneelingatlas

I too have both in 9mm and I really cannot tell much difference when shooting them. The pro feels better to me and is just as accurate as the s2. My pro happens to have a better trigger than the s2, but that is a product of after market gun smithing , not the gun. If you can find a pro in 9mm, grab it. CZ shadows have better triggers by the way.

If you can find a pro in 9mm, grab it. CZ shadows have better triggers by the way.

:cheers: correct on both counts! Speaking of CZs, you can also get an SP01 for ~$650, do some trigger work (http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=191773) and easily compete with $1,600 Shadows :devil: .

The non removeable front sight of a standard witness steel is enough for me to want a competition framed witness.

This is a valid point and not one I usually consider as I prefer all black sights, although getting a front sight cut in is something you can have done for <$100.

One important note: once you let the sharp checkering of a Tanfoglio competition frame bite into your hand, nothing else will do! :wub:

(OK, so maybe a couple bucks worth of skateboard tape will get you close :ph34r: )

Edited by kneelingatlas

I happen to think the Stock II is just the best production pistol out there, (just my opinion) but I have fondled other tanfos and have a Stock I in 9mm as well. Personally I don't think you can go wrong with either the stock or Lim pro. Finding them is prolly the hardest part of the debate.

The limited pros are awful pistols, if you happen to find one let me know, I will take it off your hands and finally have a backup pistol. I love my tanfo! Oh wait...um cz's are more better.... :)

If you can find an older Baby Eagle (full size, steel) they are amazing guns. IMHO shoots flatter than the Stock II and LimPro because of the shorter and lightened slide.

• 2 weeks later...

the round trigger guard unit in the picture above likely does not have the generous magwell opening....although it take a lot of the same parts. I have a P40-L, small frame .40. WOrks good,..only changed some springs,...put a better firing pin in it,..put aluminum grips on it, and a better front sight.

Needs some polishing.