Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Useing titegroup in CZ sp-01

RickyH

I'm new to the CZ, haven't picked it up yet. Do most of you guys load that short for everything or do the CZs just like it better that way??

It's not a matter of like, it's a matter of must.

Check your max OAL for each projectile/barrel combo.

http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=34225.msg189131#msg189131

I can load Xtreme 124gr RNs and 147gr RNFPs fairly long in the CZ, but not much else so far.

Somewhat amusingly, I have to load shorter for my PPQ vs the CZ, while the Glock w/KKM barrel will still eat almost anything..

It's not a matter of like, it's a matter of must.

Check your max OAL for each projectile/barrel combo.

http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=34225.msg189131#msg189131

Interesting link. Thanks for sharing that. I'm going to do that test with all of my pistols and see what I come up with.

Exactly what I do. I maintain a reloading spreadsheet, filterable by all columns from powder, weight bullet, bullet mfgr, etc...and with another tab for pistols. In the second tab, I list out all bullets, wt, profile I've come across, and note down Max OAL via the above link and/or plunk test (usually need to use dummy rounds for pure lead vs the used case/push method), and another column with a bit deducted for my 'load to OAL.'

It's almost amazing at the differences, and somewhat amusing that I need to load shorter for my PPQ than for my CZ (although the CZ is short, as well). I can happily load Xtreme RN 124 or 147grs out to ~1.15" OAL, but need to load 124gr MG JHPs down to 1.065"...

• 9 months later...