Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which model for Production

Pinka

Need some help, I'm currently shooting an M&P Pro in production and have a couple of Sigs. Held a CZ last weekend for the first time and really liked it, heard a lot of good things about them also.

Now I need some help figuring out which model to get. Can someone point me in the right direction to figure out the difference in models. I want the steel version not polymer.

From what I've read a lot of people recommend the Shadow but the only place I see that model is in the custom shop (not ready to spend Accu Shadow money)

They have a 75 Shadow available for $850 but what does that have that the SP-01 or 75B dont, any help would be appreciated while I try to figure these things out!!

Thanks

The Shadow's beavertail is cut differently and allows a bit higher grip on the gun.

The Shadow lacks a firing pin block. Without the firing pin block the trigger has the ability to be "better"* than a pistol with the firing pin block. This comes with an asterisk as you will certainly want to work on the trigger of either a Shadow or regular CZ-75 model. Don't discount a well setup CZ-75 as they can be a really nice platform with a little work and very close to a full blown Shadow.

Coincidentally, I moved from an M&P platform to a CZ-75 SP01 Custom Shadow this year (USPSA Production). It took a while to adjust but the change was certainly for the better. Love my Shadow.

As with the M&P, add a little budget for a trigger job... In my case, I just let CZ Custom do everything, but you can certainly save money by doing the work yourself. Cajun Gun Works appears to be the Apex Tactical of the CZ world and many on this forum swear by them.

One last thing... if you're currently loading a little longer for your M&P you will probably have to shorten your rounds up a bit for the CZ.

Edited by razorfish

Another M&P guy here and I really like what I have now but for some reason the CZ type pistols in 9mm are appealing to me. I've been selling stuff (rifles I don't shoot) and have saved up a little $$$ and was thinking about finding some sort of used CZ to try. I realize the best gun would be one of the better CZ models but if one just wanted to give CZ's a try which would you recommend? I would use the pistol for production division so I need something that's on the approved production gun list.

Edited by ZackJones

SP01 Zack.

They're starting to come back in stock at 'normal' prices (~$650 for bone stock).

The 'normal' price for an SP01 Shadow was a real bargain at $880, but since the street value for a used one is ~$1,400, I doubt those prices will be back in the foreseeable future.

Anyone know the difference in the frame weight between the 75 and the sp-01?

I think any Cz would be good just so you can get the fell for them but the sp-01 being the heaviest is best for production.

Seen a sp-01 new for 599 the other day

I've been looking into this for a while, and CZ has one of the most confusing product line-ups I've ever seen. With that being said, what does everyone think of Automatic Accuracy for buying one of these? Is it ready to run out of the box for production if you buy one of his SP-01 Shaddow or Accu-Shadow? Is the work worth the cost difference?

My automatic accuracy (Matt mink) shadow 75 has the best trigger I have ever felts in a DA/SA gun. Well worth the cost. Having said that, I now shoot a tango limited pro and a stock11 because I like the feel of the gun better, but the Mink CZ has a better trigger.

Razor, I'm loading at 1.145 for my M&P, is that to long to run reliably in most CZs?? Thanks for the info everyone.

Maybe not. I let my future son in law shoot some 147gr blue bullets at a match. I had loaded them for my sp01 and he shoots an m&p. The bullet lodged in the rifling on his pistol so hard that on unload and show clear, he had to hold the slide and beat the grip. The case ejected but the bullet stayed in the barrel. My point is, you need to check your oal for each gun.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I've had the SP-01 for a few months now. Shot great right out of the box but I sent it to CZ Custom anyway. Had comp hammer, 85C trigger, comp sight set, ext firing pin, new sprins, SRTS, etc. What a great gun. I handload 147gr Xtreme plated to 1.14 over 6.0 grains of AA7. Runs great. Highly recommend the SP-01. Like it so much.will be getting the SP-01 Tac in 40 cal soon. It will also be sent to CZC or CGW.

I would probably get the SP-01 Shadow if I could do it over again just to save a few bucks. But still no regrets. CZs are wonderful guns.

Edited by JLeeCZ

Sure he didn't just have a squib? Same thing happened to me a couple months ago, Don't think it was my OAL,

Regardless, everyone needs to work loads up for their own guns.

Edited by Pinka

I've had the SP-01 for a few months now. Shot great right out of the box but I sent it to CZ Custom anyway. Had comp hammer, 85C trigger, comp sight set, ext firing pin, new sprins, SRTS, etc. What a great gun. I handload 147gr Xtreme plated to 1.14 over 6.0 grains of AA7. Runs great. Highly recommend the SP-01. Like it so much.will be getting the SP-01 Tac in 40 cal soon. It will also be sent to CZC or CGW.

JLee, what kind of FPS you getting with that load?

Sure he didn't just have a squib? Same thing happened to me a couple months ago, Don't think it was my OAL,

Regardless, everyone needs to work loads up for their own guns.

Definitely not a squib. Primer was untouched, powder came out of the case. I never thought that a round loaded for a cz wouldn't fit any other gun. We dropped a round in his barrel when we got home and it was definitely too long for his m&p.

I also like my sp01 over the 75b.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Edited by levellinebrad

JLee, what kind of FPS you getting with that load?

Using a ProChrono Digital on 5-7, 918 FPS avg with 40 rounds shot. Low was 896 and high was 944. Majority was between 910 and 925 FPS. I'm a beginner loader as of first of this year. Was thinking of bumping it up to 6.4 but the gun performed well, ran clean, and had no malfunctions. Shot the same loads in IDPA club match this past Sunday with no problems. Had it not been for a stage of weak hand head shots, I would have finished better. Need to practice more but the gun ran perfectly.

BTW, the 75 Shadow is also s great gun.

Edited by JLeeCZ

Wow! I thought his ? Was what to get, a CZ or the M & P. I think the CZ is double action, which may slow the beginner. I would go for the M & P. This is a difficult sport to master. If u r new, you do not need extra steps or anything to slow u down.

Anyone know the difference in the frame weight between the 75 and the sp-01?

I think any Cz would be good just so you can get the fell for them but the sp-01 being the heaviest is best for production.

Seen a sp-01 new for 599 the other day

USPSA Production gun list says SP01 Shadow is 42oz and 75 Shadow is 39oz.