Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

April BOD Meeting

sperman

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That seems too close.... people really wanted that?

Change 5.3.19 From:

Firing a shot at a metal target from a distance of less than

23 feet with a handgun, 147 feet with a rifle, 23 feet with a

shotgun when using birdshot or buckshot ammunition, or

147 feet when using slug ammunition. The distance is

measured from the face of the target to the nearest part of

the competitor’s body in contact with the ground (see Rule

[10.1.3]).

To:

Firing a shot at a metal target from a distance of less than

23 feet with a handgun, 147 feet with a rifle, 23 feet with a

shotgun at a popper or 16 feet at a plate when using

birdshot or buckshot ammunition, or 147 feet when using

slug ammunition. The distance is measured from the face of

the target to the nearest part of the competitor’s body in

contact with the ground (see Rule [10.1.3]).

Part of the letter from Phil to Jay Corn better be about him publicly basing USPSA on the A6 website. A member of the BOD should know better. That is not the way adults handle disagreements.

Part of the letter from Phil to Jay Corn better be about him publicly basing USPSA on the A6 website. A member of the BOD should know better. That is not the way adults handle disagreements.

And what was the bashing?

Good Question!

It looks like it is:

A. Moving the Nat's to B.F.E. Utah

Or

B. That USPSA HQ expects the Area Directors to front $3,000 out of their own pocket, instead of the $2 million per year in revenues HQ dispensing funds back to the Areas

If he had hit upon the high hit factors not being officially published (or an actual best hit factors ever shot on these classifiers page at USPSA.org), he would have hit the trifecta.

All good points to discuss but not appropriate for a bod member to publicly complain about in my opinion. Work to fix in the bod - that's why you are there...

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

All good points to discuss but not appropriate for a bod member to publicly complain about in my opinion. Work to fix in the bod - that's why you are there...

If no one talks about it outside of the BOD, how are we going to know?

Talk about and complain about like a child are two different things. If you represent uspsa you need to make sure your public comments are professional and don't make the organization look bad.

And how much are these AD's compensated?

(that is a rhetorical question)

And do they sign some contract with HQ that includes some morality clause?

It is starting to remind me of the "kiss the ring" mentality with IDPA HQ and how all of a sudden they needed a bunch of state (or area) coordinators and SO instructors.

At the end of the day, does it really matter? Has anything actually changed in the 90 days since A6 Director posted any of this?

I'd love to hear from any of the Area Directors as to whether they now have a USPSA Credit Card or not. If that hasn't changed, then the posting of that point really didn't matter, did it?

What has actually been revealed that makes our organization look bad? That volunteers must carry their expenses until they are reimbursed?

B. That USPSA HQ expects the Area Directors to front $3,000 out of their own pocket, instead of the $2 million per year in revenues HQ dispensing funds back to the Areas

...really? I spend more than that each year covering USPSA matches!

...really? I spend more than that each year covering USPSA matches!

You spend $3k to travel to matches by choice.

The Area Directors NEED to travel to multiple states to make sure USPSA has a visible presence as well as hear feedback from the people they represent and are limited to $3k.

Guess the vast majority of each Area cannot be represented unless the AD's front the money (up to $3k), then take it out of their pocket after that reimbursable amount is exceeded.

If this is the case, shouldnt the Nationals be spread around to different Area's every year? Looks like only a few of the AD's get to keep their travel costs down. Not to mention the rest of us that need to pony up or not attend (due to cost) travel accross the country to shoot the nationals.

http://www.uspsa.org/locate-uspsa-clubs.php

Even Barry, Illinois is a little more centrally located across the nation.

I guess my next question would be: Is there a budget document available to USPSA members for the organization? If so, where can I find it? If not, why not?

guidestar.com is where you need to go. Register and log in, then do a search for "United States Practical Shooting Association". It is a 501 c 3 ( or may be a c 4) non-profit organization. So you get to see their IRS Form 990's tax returns from years past.

Feel free to look up other non-profits while you're there.

I guess my next question would be: Is there a budget document available to USPSA members for the organization? If so, where can I find it? If not, why not?

guidestar.com is where you need to go. Register and log in, then do a search for "United States Practical Shooting Association". It is a 501 c 3 ( or may be a c 4) non-profit organization. So you get to see their IRS Form 990's tax returns from years past.

Feel free to look up other non-profits while you're there.

Thank you very much.

It looks like the info at Guidestar goes back to 2008. When did USPSA buy steel challenge?

I went to Indianapolis in the fall of 2007 for a level one RO class, so I could RO the Single Stack Nats in spring 2008.

Gary was our RO instructor, and kind of hinted at the steel challenge purchase then, so it must have been in 2007.

One former AD did tell me you can figure out the purchase price from decyphering the Form 990's.

I viewed the 2012 Form 990. Very interesting some of the line items in there. Office supplies and travel are quite the chunks of cash. The director brought down a good chunk as well.

Yeah, the big 3 or top 3 paying positions are the Prez, Exec. Director, and DNROI.

IIRC, the outgoing Exec Dir was $90,000 a year.

I'd be curious ifthe Front Sight magazine is self-sustaining...or runs into the red???