Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New CZ questions

225 Fireman

I just bought a CZ Shadow im going to use it for USPSA Production class and had a couple questions

What holster do people prefer?

Best place to get mags and pouches?

Who to send it to for trigger work and other fine tuning?

Thanks for replies in advance

You would get a lot of votes for the Bladetech DOH holster but I prefer the Ghost Stinger. I like the hanger better and the how it adjusts.The Ghost mag holders are great also and you don't have to buy new ones if getting a different gun. You will get the best price from Shooters Connection by signing up for their Benos discount. As far as mags buy from Greg Cote LLC and get the MecGar 17 round AFCs.

Will the factory 19 round mags fit in the box?

Yes

I have box, I have a SP01 Shadow, it will not fit with standard fixed rear sights and the 19rnd magasine, the thickness of the "floor" of the basepad is juuuuust to fat to fit in it. It would not fit with a LPA adjustable rear sight either.

Edited by czbeardly

Is everyone talking about the same "box"?

IPSC: 225mm (8.86") x 150mm (5.91") x 45mm (1.77") *
IDPA: 8 3/4" x 6" x 1 5/8"
USPSA: 8 15/16" x 6" x 1 5/8"

*it doesn't appear to me the IPSC Prodution Division is subject to the "box", only a maximum barrel length of 127mm (https://www.ipsc.org/rules/divlistP.php), maybe someone who knows better can chime in?

Is everyone talking about the same "box"?

IPSC: 225mm (8.86") x 150mm (5.91") x 45mm (1.77") *

IDPA: 8 3/4" x 6" x 1 5/8"

USPSA: 8 15/16" x 6" x 1 5/8"

*it doesn't appear to me the IPSC Prodution Division is subject to the "box", only a maximum barrel length of 127mm (https://www.ipsc.org/rules/divlistP.php), maybe someone who knows better can chime in?

IPSC does not use a box for Prod Div. If it's on the list and meets all other division rules it's good to go.

USPSA has a Prod Div list with division rules, and uses the box....For the life of me I can not figure why.

Edited by pmt

+1 With the threads here and a few other places; doing a great trigger job is not as big of a task as it is perceived. The sear cage can be tricky but not overwhelming. It is very satisfying to do your own work. And, if you screw up the hammer and sear just order from CJW or CZC!

if you want absolute tuning and reliable still...send to Stuart. If you can accept tuned enough then get CZC hammer, 13lbs mainspring, 11lbs recoil spring and be ready with your files, sandpaper and understand all the parts that are rubbing each other and polish em. Just polish, do not remove so much material or else you'll start destroying parts.

Everyone who owns a CZ owes it to themselves to learn how to tune it. Its not too difficult with some patience. After tearing into it a couple times, you will feel foolish for paying somebody else to tune your piece. I'd strongly recommend installing a short reset disconnector. While you are in there, polish, polish, polish.

CZ's aren't as scary as they seem. Try it on your own first and see how it turns out. Stick to 600 grit or finer sand paper. Also CZ's have some pretty deep tool marks on certain parts so don't try to remove them completely, it may throw off the timing of the gun.

If you follow Atlas's guide you should end up with a very nice trigger.

I just bought a CZ Shadow im going to use it for USPSA Production class and had a couple questions

What holster do people prefer?

Best place to get mags and pouches?

Who to send it to for trigger work and other fine tuning?

Thanks for replies in advance

Holster - BOSS Holster from ben stoeger pro shop

Mags - gregcotellc.com (macgar)

Pouches - makereadyproshop.com

Trigger work - Matt Mink, automaticaccuracy.com