Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ 97B

alma

I wondered into a gun show and saw one of the new 97Bs for sale. What a nice looking gun! They have put a lot of thoughtful upgrades on it: FO front sight, aluminum grips, 85 trigger...

I think this is going on my wish list as the gun I will carry when I am out in the sticks. I have a Compact L and have been impressed with how nice the trigger can be made to feel.

I am all 9s right now but would like something with a little more authority for when I head out into "nature."

A 10mm might be a little better. Kneelingatlas, any suggestions there?

I've got a 97 BE which is a cajun gun works tuned 97 including a 1911 style barrel bushing. The trigger is great as is the accuracy. I don't find it too big or too top heavy. I love it and frankly don't shoot it enough.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I installed and have been using the 97 B with the Cajun Gun Works extended firing pin and noticed that when the back of the firing pin is flush with the slide the firing pin sticks out of the bolt face which means it will contact the primer if you fully decock it like you do for Production Division. It doesn't seem like a great idea. It should not be a problem if you carry it at quarter cock or if it has been converted to single action only like mine has.

I installed and have been using the 97 B with the Cajun Gun Works extended firing pin and noticed that when the back of the firing pin is flush with the slide the firing pin sticks out of the bolt face which means it will contact the primer if you fully decock it like you do for Production Division. It doesn't seem like a great idea. It should not be a problem if you carry it at quarter cock or if it has been converted to single action only like mine has.

My SP 01 does the same thing with the CZC extended firing pin. I don't carry the pistol so I'm not to concerned, but would defiantly be a problem on a carry gun.

mgardener,

Your post #16 - then I don't see how there is a problem with our firing pin under those circumstances. It was not designed to be used w/o the plunger. As far as taking out the FP block components, this does not improve the SA per se, however it does improve/reduce the SA reset.

David

Gunsmith

mgardener,

Your post #16 - then I don't see how there is a problem with our firing pin under those circumstances. It was not designed to be used w/o the plunger. As far as taking out the FP block components, this does not improve the SA per se, however it does improve/reduce the SA reset.

David

Gunsmith

No problem at all with the SAO setup.