Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

new glock 35 for limited......which trigger?

3djedi

For limited I would rock a zev tech ultimate fulcrum trigger which I use in my 3 gun pistol and sometimes in limited USPSA. For SSP I run the standard fulcrum which is IDPA SSP legal. I have no light primer issues and I run CCI primers in my reloads. If you have a light primer issue I would suggest the glockmeister reduced power spring it is the next step in power and should clear the problem up.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For limited I would rock a zev tech ultimate fulcrum trigger which I use in my 3 gun pistol and sometimes in limited USPSA. For SSP I run the standard fulcrum which is IDPA SSP legal. I have no light primer issues and I run CCI primers in my reloads. If you have a light primer issue I would suggest the glockmeister reduced power spring it is the next step in power and should clear the problem up.

ZEV doesn't have a STANDARD FULCRUM. They do have Fulcrum and a Standard Competition bar which has pre set pre travel that is not user adjustable and per new rules as to my understanding in conversation with Mr. Ray from IDPA HQ is not SSP legal either due to reduced pre travel while trying to get wording on my kit for SSP. Also to my understanding from the governing body of USPSA they have never truly submitted and trigger for approval in any sport.

Glocktriggers.com's edge kit is banded from IDPA SSP because of reduced pre travel and I will assume if one contacts Mr. Ray he will say the same about the ZEV bar.

It is an asinine rule in my opinion.

Light strikes can happen with a light spring and reduced travel with out fully seating a primer completely in the pocket and not using a modified striker. I'm a one man shop and can and will make mistakes when I'm doing ea one by hand when ordered. I don't have CNC and access to fully custom machined strikers for my own use. I do provide a modified striker in my upper kit and sell the basic and trigger bar kits for use with other aftermarket strikers.

I am working as hard as I can to increase my reliability fully and to ensure everything is consistent. A 4lb striker spring and reduced travel is a tuff job for a striker fired gun unless you use quality primers and fully seat them. I run CCI and run the 4.5lb spring in my own kit and have no issues.

Edited by dskinsler83

Zev tech makes a Standard Fulcrum kit and a Fulcrum fully adjustable kit. The standard has an option of competition or tactical which dictates the amount of pre-travel removed ie how much of the welded tab is filed down.

https://www.glockworx.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=793696&CAT=3688

The glocktriggers.com edge trigger is not SSP legal because of external modifications not because of pre travel reduction. They make the vogel trigger to be SSP legal. They are nice triggers al well.

I haven't tried your trigger yet so I guess you're the next stop on my list.

Zev tech makes a Standard Fulcrum kit and a Fulcrum fully adjustable kit. The standard has an option of competition or tactical which dictates the amount of pre-travel removed ie how much of the welded tab is filed down.

https://www.glockworx.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=793696&CAT=3688

The glocktriggers.com edge trigger is not SSP legal because of external modifications not because of pre travel reduction. They make the vogel trigger to be SSP legal. They are nice triggers al well.

I haven't tried your trigger yet so I guess you're the next stop on my list.

The Edge has a pin through it that stops pre travel that is hidden when the trigger pad is in the gun. The link provided clearly states ZEV Standard Competition. The Fulcrum trigger is their flat aluminum pad that is fully adjustable. The Vogel trigger has no PreTravel adjustments made at all. Edited by dskinsler83

ZEV doesn't have a STANDARD FULCRUM. They do have Fulcrum and a Standard Competition bar which has pre set pre travel that is not user adjustable and per new rules as to my understanding in conversation with Mr. Ray from IDPA HQ is not SSP legal either due to reduced pre travel while trying to get wording on my kit for SSP. Also to my understanding from the governing body of USPSA they have never truly submitted and trigger for approval in any sport.

Glocktriggers.com's edge kit is banded from IDPA SSP because of reduced pre travel and I will assume if one contacts Mr. Ray he will say the same about the ZEV bar.

I can't find anything in the current rule book about pre-travel in SSP. I only see rules like:

8.2.1.3. SSP Permitted Modifications (Inclusive list):

8.2.1.3.7. Internal action work may be used to enhance trigger pull as long as safety is maintained (no visible external modifications allowed).

8.2.1.3.8. Internal reliability work.

8.2.1.4. SSP Excluded Modifications (Non-Inclusive list):

8.2.1.4.1. Externally visible modifications other than those listed in the Permitted Modifications section.

8.1.7. Non-IDPA-Legal Modifications for All Divisions

8.1.7.5. Disconnecting or disabling of any safety device including (but not limited to): manual safeties, grip safeties, firing pin, striker, and hammer blocking safeties, etc.

To me, that means internal trigger work is permitted, as long as modifications are not externally visible and all safeties are in working order.

I can't find anything in the current rule book about pre-travel in SSP. I only see rules like:

8.2.1.3. SSP Permitted Modifications (Inclusive list):

8.2.1.3.7. Internal action work may be used to enhance trigger pull as long as safety is maintained (no visible external modifications allowed).

8.2.1.3.8. Internal reliability work.

8.2.1.4. SSP Excluded Modifications (Non-Inclusive list):

8.2.1.4.1. Externally visible modifications other than those listed in the Permitted Modifications section.

8.1.7. Non-IDPA-Legal Modifications for All Divisions

8.1.7.5. Disconnecting or disabling of any safety device including (but not limited to): manual safeties, grip safeties, firing pin, striker, and hammer blocking safeties, etc.

To me, that means internal trigger work is permitted, as long as modifications are not externally visible and all safeties are in working order.

I'm guessing that line is the issue with some of the aftermarket triggers. If the Edge, Zev, and others change the start/resting position of the trigger, it will not be SSP legal.

I've been toying with the idea of getting an mod'ed trigger that's SSP legal, but I might just say F-it and drift over to ESP anyway.

I think the same issue would come up in USPSA and production, but it seems DK is top of it.

Dsk,

kind of a loaded question, but what kind of trigger pulls do you get with your setups? Feel? weight?

Edited by RexKramer

My triggers are the first and only 100% approved fully adjustable production legal triggers for GLOCK with the word coming from John Amidon himself.

All of the details you asked about pull and feel posted at the website

Hey all my web site development came to a stop because my designer flew the coop so I'm learning as I go. It will be finished in a few weeks. I have a standard kit called "the boss" that come in 3 configurations combat,range& comp. This kit is unbeatable with all honesty the craftsmanship and knowledge base I put into every one of my kits is beyond compare. I have been doing mostly word of mouth as I like to get a relationship with my clients not based on customer service like if something went wrong but get to know you and hand craft YOUR trigger hence no issues later. I built my new geometry around a sub 3lb platform with NO LIGHT STRIKES the OEM striker with a 4.5 lb spring. I relie more on angles and edges, radius and engagements NOT SPRINGS it's all architecture and listening to my clients I create a one of a kind you decide the pre travel break feel and reset and the boss is the fastest on the market. check out my you tube channel JOHNNY GLOCKS LLC it's info packed And if you want it LEGAL whatever I'll make it that way there have been no issues thus far in production. No matter what your lookin for when it come from Johnny Glocks bench it will be bad ass guns of the Navarone TNT dolamite napalm flashin just drop in the BOSS son and get it on!!!!

What makes you say that 3djedi?

Why would I hire some one else to represent what I do?

That last little thing was said jokingly in the Quintin Tarantino fashion!

if you thought I was being over the top don't you want the person who you intrust your trigger system to to all about their design and product as well as have a sense of humor

I will stick with just the TRUTH and I believe I have something unique, highly crafted, and as custom as it comes.

now if your comment was referring as to simply getting my site up an running then never mind the above BS.

If that was a jab to put a man down who can't help but talk about and love what he does as FREE man with FREEDOM of speech then well.....

Another vote for the Zev Fulcrum Trigger here! I love the whole system - trigger, lightened striker, reduced springs, etc. Makes for a very nice trigger pull when properly adjusted.

The key word is "when properly adjusted." I have the zev ultimate in my g35 and have had issues with the trigger not resetting. The problem has been the adjustment screws back out after time and create issues. I have recently gotten to the point of removing the set screw completely, putting red loctite on the entire screw, and going from there. Over the last 1000 rds the screws remain tight but i hate having the thought in my head of the trigger not resetting during a match.

Maybe i will try a DK in the future and see the difference.

Edited by cactusbrew

My triggers are the first and only 100% approved fully adjustable production legal triggers for GLOCK with the word coming from John Amidon himself.

All of the details you asked about pull and feel posted at the website

Thanks I'll be placing an order soon. Sounds worth a try!

I might have missed it, but with the ultimate trigger set up, is there any problem lighting off normal/hard primers? I don't want to be a slave to federals.

Thanks again and sorry for the thread drift.

All I know is I have NEVER HAD A LIGHT STRIKE. ( apparently capitalizing makes post COOL). I have had 100% ignition even with the HARDEST of primers. I'm a fan of CUSTOMER SERVICE, not a bunch of jive. That's why I will stick with an actual competitive shooter's company. DK Custom all the way for me. But that's what makes America BEAUTIFUL. The opportunity to choose what makes YOU happy.

Anybody here shooting Carolina Cup?

Well Rex I'm not gonna say hey go grab some Tula/Wolf or Small Rifle Primers and you will have no issue. I recommend using a quality primer of course with a lighter trigger in a GLOCK Federal are the number one choice with a 4lb striker spring. I recommend Federal, Winchester, and CCI in that order. Always practicing FULLY SEATING any primer. I do what I can to help reliability but things happen.

I even spoke with a gentleman from here earlier on the phone today. He is running a bone stock G41 and has had light strikes using Winchesters that were bought pre scare. It's something that can happen to anyone. Spring cups could get bound up or gunk built up in the striker channel anything. I hope this answers your question.

I personally run CCI and run the 4.5lb striker spring with no issue as long as I do my part in seating the primers at the press.

Edited by dskinsler83

Well Rex I'm not gonna say hey go grab some Tula/Wolf or Small Rifle Primers and you will have no issue. I recommend using a quality primer of course with a lighter trigger in a GLOCK Federal are the number one choice with a 4lb striker spring. I recommend Federal, Winchester, and CCI in that order. Always practicing FULLY SEATING any primer. I do what I can to help reliability but things happen.

I even spoke with a gentleman from here earlier on the phone today. He is running a bone stock G41 and has had light strikes using Winchesters that were bought pre scare. It's something that can happen to anyone. Spring cups could get bound up or gunk built up in the striker channel anything. I hope this answers your question.

I personally run CCI and run the 4.5lb striker spring with no issue as long as I do my part in seating the primers at the press.

Thank you for the info! Placed an order just a little while ago.

well thanks 3djedi some times this place can be a little finicky and it gets unnerving If you PM me an address I'll SEND YOU A KIT ON THE HOUSE cause I AM that DAMM COOL.

I come from different roots than competitive shooting where peoples lifes are continually on the line. A possible light strike or any malfunction anywhere in the trigger system or in the gun for that matter means loss of a lot more than points or seconds.This is all I do every day it is my job and passion not a side gig. I architect and design trigger systems for elite warriors of our time guys who "pick there own bag" it's not JIVE and to imply it especially with out ever having the actual hands on experience of owning and running one of my builds is immature opinion based on well NOTHING substantial AT ALL.

I do like that word jive though it reminds me of Richard Prior wait I see something in the future the JOHNNY JIVE trigger kit

I have ran 10k through mine since installing Johnny's trigger without a single issue. It breaks cleanly and resets hard. He can come on a little strong sometimes but he makes a damn fine trigger for a Glock. I have not tried DK's yet but I am sure from the posts I read it is outstanding. Personally I would rather have a trigger kit from a one man show because they spend a little extra time making sure things are right. I also like a man who is enthusiastic about his product. It is a poor dog who won't wag his own tail.

Just bought a glock 35 gen 4 for USPSA limited and wonder if there is a consensus on what the best option for a limited trigger would be. I would like a shortened pre-travel, light crisp break, and short reset........is there anything out there like this?

Or, am I just better off polishing the parts and dropping in something like this: http://tarantacticalinnovations.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=44_45&products_id=118

I went through his same exercise awhile back.

Ended up with a Glocktriggers.com Edge and it has been 100% perfect.

I ordered one of DK's Custom Triggers from dsk for my Gen4 34 and received it today. Went in quick, of course. Did have to adjust the pretravel out just a tad for my individual frame, but other than that went in smoothly.

Just for a reference my pull weight went from a little over 6lbs to 3lbs. Very little pre-travel and over travel. Also very smooth. Can't wait to put some rounds through it.

Edited by RexKramer