Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

December

benos

My apologies to Dr. Seuss and those of you unfortunate enought to continue reading. ;)

Would you shoot it with a Glock?

Would you leave it box, stock?

Would you shoot it here or there?

Would you shoot it anywhere?

I would not shoot it with a Glock!

I could not leave it box, stock!

I can not shoot it here or there

Because the shooting is, everywhere!

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh-heh-heh...

~~~~~~~~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/

Relax, and you'll enter the space

Where cause and effect don't take place.

When shooter and gun

Seem shooting as one

Watch 'em vanish!... not leaving a trace.

/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~~~~~~~~

smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

No. 7 in The Series

[bad poetry alert]

An Open blaster,

The eyes of a Master.

Brass hangs in mid-air,

As snake eyes form a pair.

Reload on the run,

Two poppers fall as one.

Flame, smoke, lead, and time,

Pass into the sublime.

-ld

[/bad poetry alert]

I was under the impression that the first post (without an edit) was the one that counted. I demand an audience with the Range Master. Then again, I already have three of Brians books. One on the coffee table, one at work, and one on the bookcase.

I have an idea, let's all register as new users and post once, lol.

"Nonsense!! In what rulebook does it say that???!!!"

You must have forgot to read the Zen koan rule book. Obviously. :)

"Heck, I was under the impression that 'creativity' was the only rule on this one..."

Correctamundo! So, what does creative mean to you?

;)

Brian,

I hypothesize that it is a symbiotic relationship.  Where one relies on the other to accomplish a given task.  To separate the gun from the shooter would make the act of shooting difficult.  A least in that sense.  It is fact that a gun's inherent design is to shoot.  Some may argue that to shoot is built into our own inherent design as well.  After all, we are all electrons, aren't we? :)

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Jesse

Heck, I've just been trying to earn the right to KEEP the second copy of THE BOOK that Brian so kindly sent me when there appeared to be a snafu on the first mailing...!

"Creativity".... is everything that we do as human beings. Life itself is a fully creative act.  :)

RA--

It's been in the works for a while that I give The Book to some up-'n-coming shooter at the local range, so I'm still making a selection there... (I now have someone in mind--he's an occasional poster here but I'm not sure he has The Book. I'll e-mail him and find out.)

As to paying Brian for The Book, you'll need to take that up with him. I already offered (several times over); he declined, suggesting I pass it along to an avid felllow shooter. To that I enthusiastially agreed, of course. But your generosity is appreciated.

SigLady,

If that junior shooter is already set up, you could send it to Bill Sahlberg, who's doing another USPSA Junior's fundraising raffle.

juniors@uspsa.org

E

(Edited by EricW at 2:00 pm on Dec. 19, 2002)

benos--

I wasn't particularly distinguishing between intuitive/learned knowledge or words exclusively, just lumping all of our self-evident existences into one large creative act...

ErikW--

The shooter I had in mind to receive the book already has one (he's actually quite an experienced shooter). So, just let me know where precisely to send the book and I'll be glad to do so. Nobody need pay anybody anything.