Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Short & Light SSP/Production Trigger

ES13Raven

Vanek Customs Classic Grandmaster kit, USPSA Production legal, don't know about SSP. About 3 lbs. give or take. Very reliable in my G34 over the past few years with no light strikes.

Vanek Customs Classic Grandmaster kit, USPSA Production legal, don't know about SSP. About 3 lbs. give or take. Very reliable in my G34 over the past few years with no light strikes.

I ran one in a Gen 4 Glock for 52,000 rounds. Not one issue with the pistol or trigger.

Edited by JBP55

The Vanek Classic trigger is about as good as you can get for a production type trigger but don't expect it to be shorter like a fulcrum trigger. It still has all the pre-travel just smooth as butter with a much lighter release. The Classic GM trigger does allow pre-travel adjustment and will be a much shorter and lighter trigger than the OEM with a shorter reset. There are several other kits available that will do the same thing, DK Triggers would be another good choice along with Zev/Glockworx or Johnny Glock's triggers. There are lots of them out there you just need to let your wallet be your guide. Be sure to read the rule book for the division you are shooting in to be sure it's legal before laying out the big bucks.

Edited by bowenbuilt

I currently use the Zev standard trigger kit in the competition configuration, which has a shortened pre-travel that is not adjustable. I'm only able to get a 4lb trigger pull with a gauge, using a 4lb striker spring, lightened striker, light plunger spring, heavy trigger spring and various connectors.

The Vanek Classic trigger is about as good as you can get for a production type trigger but don't expect it to be shorter like a fulcrum trigger. It still has all the pre-travel just smooth as butter with a much lighter release. The Classic GM trigger does allow pre-travel adjustment and will be a much shorter and lighter trigger than the OEM with a shorter reset. There are several other kits available that will do the same thing, DK Triggers would be another good choice along with Zev/Glockworx or Johnny Glock's triggers. There are lots of them out there you just need to let your wallet be your guide.

Good advice. I have used all of the triggers you named and they are all good.

Yes there are many out there that do Glock triggers that probably do fine work, but as far as I know Charlie Vanek was one of among the first doing it years ago, so you're getting his wealth of knowledge and experience of building many many many of them that are reliable. I have had his triggers in all my Glocks for 8 years now with no problems. Smooth as glass, light and crisp.

The Vanek Classic trigger is about as good as you can get for a production type trigger but don't expect it to be shorter like a fulcrum trigger. It still has all the pre-travel just smooth as butter with a much lighter release. The Classic GM trigger does allow pre-travel adjustment and will be a much shorter and lighter trigger than the OEM with a shorter reset. There are several other kits available that will do the same thing, DK Triggers would be another good choice along with Zev/Glockworx or Johnny Glock's triggers. There are lots of them out there you just need to let your wallet be your guide.

Good advice. I have used all of the triggers you named and they are all good.

Actually Charlie does have one with all the pre travel taken out pre built, I think its the Super Trigger on his website, I have one in my open Glock. He modifies it to keep all the safety's intact. Where you would normally let it out at the reset is where it stops. Great trigger, but not Production legal.

Edited by kamann

How about this one? It's what I've got in my Glock...

That looks nice and would be a good ESP trigger, but SSP requires no external visible modifications. The adjustable pre-travel screw is visible on the trigger.

How about this one? It's what I've got in my Glock...

That looks nice and would be a good ESP trigger, but SSP requires no external visible modifications. The adjustable pre-travel screw is visible on the trigger.

Not legal for USPSA Production Division either.

my trigger is 3.75 lbs on my digital trigger gauge very consistently.

stock trigger but super polished with stone, buffer and so on. competition trigger spring ($3). over travel stop trigger housing. ghost connector($25). extended titanium striker and lighter spring($95). titanium plunger and lighter spring ($24).

so about the cost of buying a name brand drop in trigger.

i've also seen people put a screw inside the frame to limit the forward reset of the trigger bar. a neat trick, cheap and not visible unless the slide is off.

Zev Tech Standard with deluxe kit, $200 plus shipping. Good stuff.

Once you reach a certain level of "nice" in a trigger unit then stop chasing perfection and focus on shooting - you'll go farther.