Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2014 Area 6 Three Gun Championship June 27-29

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy to announce Universal Shooting Academy is bringing back the Area 6 Three Gun Championship.

June 27-29, 2014. Staff and sponsors will shoot on Friday. Main match competitors will shoot Saturday and Sunday.

8 Stages - Full day schedule

why the full day format?

For shooting.

This is going to be a great match, the crew down at USA really outdid themselves! See everyone this weekend :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! And thanks for the sponsorship and awesome addition to the prize table.

Match has been running great!

Shannon,

Mucho fun, and kudos to you and the staff for a well run match! We ran on time, avoided the rain, had online real time updates with email pings for stage results, online results updated what seemed like every hour, well organized prize table ( one of the best run btw) and great RO staff! Stages were set with a nice mix of technical and run and gun...

Looking forward to next year! Maybe a few more at USA between now and then?!!?!

David

Aka flg8r

I have been hoping/asking for the return of the Area 6 Multigun match- Thank you USA and Shannon Smith for doing it! I am sure it was a bit of a leap to take on the match and you all did a great job. I will be back next year, even if it is still in June :) Humidity kicked my butt on Sat. though!

The match was great, especially considering it was a late addition to the calendar. I look forward to seeing how it is next year. And thanks to the sponsors for signing on as well.

The match ran great, even with our huge 15 person squad (6) we were ahead or on schedule the whole time. The ROs were great and I enjoyed the USPSA style stages as a change to the normal 3 gun stages. Many of the stages really made you hit your spots if you were going to pull it off and you could see the time spent in laying them out. Stage 6 was our first and my worst stage- last 5 or so walkthroughs with a changed plan I did not realize I was taking 1 target 2 times and not engaging 1. I shot my plan (unfortunately)!

Really enjoyed shooting with Squad 6. Having the Open, Heavy Tac and Tac winners on the squad along with a number of other top finishers (as in 2, 3, etc) was quite humbling and educational! Great bunch of shooters. And now off to work on shooting and loading a shotgun- 15th overall on rifle/pistol stage, not so much when a shotgun is added!

Thank you. Thank you. Great job by the USA crew putting on this match. Fun, challenging stages. Good combo of quick and longer stages. We never really got bogged down waiting to shoot the next stage. The RO's were awesome. Big Thanks to everyone on SQUAD 6. We all had a blast shooting together. The heat messed with a few folks. But good squads take care of each other. I was fortunate to have the chance of a lifetime being able to shoot with the "Royal Family". Learned a lot. It was great to have a bigger match so close to home. Hope it sticks around. Thanks for the great match!!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all the great comments.

Match is on for next year.......in March!!

Probably the first weekend but will get info out later in the year.

That's a great time of year for a major in Florida- because there is nothing else going on across the country!

Thanks for the hard work, Shannon. I'm going to try to put this one on the calendar for next year.

Well now Shannnon, the first weekend of March would be perfect.

I could haul my old Harley Shovelhead and all my 3-gun gear to Florida, shoot the 3 gun, then finish off the vacation by heading over to Daytona for Bikeweek.

Good times, good times.