Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2014 Fallen Brethren Challenge

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's out in the middle of nowhere. You could leave it running all night and it wouldn't go anywhere.

Cool, thanks Jesse. I knew it was in the middle of BFE, but I wasn't sure if it would be an issue or not.

Regardless of the LaRue's, I am looking forward to the match, and a few days off of work. And I will be bringing 69's this year!

I used 69gr last year, and managed to knock over all the LaRue targets with no problems. Just hit 'em high, and you're good. As pissed off as people were at those last year, and based on what Jim said, I don't expect there will be any and/or it won't be required to fall if hit can be confirmed.

Edited by shakman

If they're anything like last year, IC will be fine. In fact, given the fact there's 15 slug targets (potentially) you would be smart to stick with IC anyway. Once stages are posted, you'll have a better idea of what to expect, but you'll probably be fine with IC.

How are the shotgun targets? Is there anything crazy that we need to choke up too? I just usually run IC in my gun.

They're not too bad. It's a plate with a small inverted "V" welded on the bottom that is on a stand that is pretty much the same dimensions as the inverted "V". They're very similar to what was used at TXMG. Your IC should cover you for most of them unless they get out to 18 or 20 yards.

Regardless of the LaRue's, I am looking forward to the match, and a few days off of work. And I will be bringing 69's this year!

+1.

It is a great match.

How are the shotgun targets? Is there anything crazy that we need to choke up too? I just usually run IC in my gun.

In the past, there were some plates at ~20yards with no-shoots around them (no penalty for shot hitting the no-shoot, but penalty assessed if they fell).

I don't recall running anything tighter than LM at the FB series that Spartan Tactical has hosted. Most of the shotgun stuff has been <20 yards and not set heavy.

I ran LM for everything (do for everything anyways) and had no issues. The announcement last year about removing the LaRue targets was met with applause last year IIRC. I shot all 69gr SMK and did fine, but there were lots of people that they just would not fall for, glad to hear they listened to the shooters and have made other arrangements.

The sizes of the other long range targets the last two years were generous IMO, and made the stages fast and fun. While every match has it's issues, I look forward to this one starting about 10 minutes after the prize table.

Who do I contact on here about not being able to make it?

I've emailed Sandra and Jim and not heard anything back, and the contact form on the website doesn't work.

Sandra will take care of you sir. No worries. It's kinda feverish these days.

-6-

Here's some VERY good news for those needing lodging. We've got a new partner hotel and its a VERY nice property. They're also sponsoring the hospitality tent on Saturday night. Ring them up and give them some love.

THANK YOU CANDLEWOOD SUITES.

http://www.ihg.com/candlewood/hotels/us/en/decatur/dcccw/hoteldetail

Here's some VERY good news for those needing lodging. We've got a new partner hotel and its a VERY nice property. They're also sponsoring the hospitality tent on Saturday night. Ring them up and give them some love.

Any discounts for FB3G shooters?

Any discounts for FB3G shooters?

Yes, tell them you're with the match for the best rate. Their phone number is 940-627-5480. Tell Laurie Tilley THANKS.

THANK YOU CANDLEWOOD SUITES. http://www.ihg.com/candlewood/hotels/us/en/decatur/dcccw/hoteldetail

If love to hear more about this hospitality tent.

I ran a quick crunch of numbers between the estimated round count that was posted a few weeks ago and the stages that have been posted thus far. It looks like stage 4 will be heavy on the shotgun if we are going to get close to the previous estimate of 140 rounds of birdshot.

It looks like it'll be Rifle / Shotgun. We've got a deficit of 39 rounds birdshot and 11 rounds rifle.