Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2014 Fallen Brethren Challenge

Thanks superfly...

I found approximately 54 shot, 6 slugs, 140 Pistol and maybe 120 rifle (my count presumes 2 shots on all paper). If this is reasonably correct, I won't need to go look for additional ammo!

My look at last year's stages indicates shotgun was used on only 3 stages, and handgun was specified on 9 (of 10) stages. Seems a tad light on shotgun and heavy on handgun. Is this typical for the FB3G?

Last year was shotgun light, year before had a smidge more if I remember correctly. Plan for 1-2 slightly shotgun heavy stages.

With all the long range rifle potential there (awesome btw), I typically bring enough rifle ammo to shoot the match a few times.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The stage is set. The band starts playing. Suddenly your heart starts pounding...
(sorry for the Boston flashback)

Here is your round count for the 2014 match:

Pistol: 140
Slug: 15
Bird: 110
Rifle: 125

Nine pistol stages.
Six shotgun stages.
Seven rifle stages.

If you've got long rifles, you might want to bring them. This ain't no bay match. You'll have more rifle shots over 150 yards than under.

Stage diagrams should be available for download in two weeks. I'm balancing my time between stage design and match booklet and T-shirts.

Bring your strong game.

-6-

Edited by Spartan-6

The stage is set. The band starts playing. Suddenly your heart starts pounding...

(sorry for the Boston flashback)

Here is your round count for the 2014 match:

Pistol: 140

Slug: 15

Bird: 110

Rifle: 125

Nine pistol stages.

Six shotgun stages.

Seven rifle stages.

If you've got long rifles, you might want to bring them. This ain't no bat match. You'll have more rifle shots over 200 yards than under.

Stage diagrams should be available for download in two weeks. I'm balancing my time between stage design and match booklet and T-shirts.

Bring your strong game.

-6-

I am SO ready for this!

Sorry some folks got confused by the above post. There are not 22 stages. I should have perhaps said "Competitors will use their pistol on nine stages, shotgun on six and their rifle on seven stages. There are no single gun stages. Hope this helps clarify any confusion.

Now I have to get back to completing my correspondence courses for ESL.

-6-

Will we need a sling? If so, for one gun or both?

You beat me to it. I'm just finishing up the stage briefings for here and the web.

Yes, all shooters will need a rifle sling. The sling should be tight enough that you can run with your rifle slung and still use another firearm. All slung rifles will be empty (bolt forward, magazine out). No slings required for shotgun.

-6-

I am interested in 3-Gun and would like to be a spectator at the Fallen Brethren Match in Jacksboro, TX. Do you allow spectators and when would be the best time to come to the match?

My objectives:

1. Meet some of the participants.

2. Learn about rules and equipment

3. Observe how 3-Gun Rolls.

4. Learn about local opportunities near my home in Fort Worth

Thanks,

Jerry Helm

Would this be a bad Idea to sign up as a new 3gunner?

I did the match last year with less than a years experience and it kicked my ass. Based on the popularity of this match, I strongly doubt that there are any available spots for this year.

I am interested in 3-Gun and would like to be a spectator at the Fallen Brethren Match in Jacksboro, TX. Do you allow spectators and when would be the best time to come to the match?

My objectives:

Thanks,

Jerry Helm

Sign up and shoot. Watching is boring. But if you must anyone can come watch. Just bring eye and ear protection. When you're there find Jeremy Moore from The Shooters Source. He runs the monthly matches in the North a Texas area.

http://www.northtexasmultigun.com/#2688

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

My objectives:

Thanks,

Jerry Helm

Sign up and shoot. Watching is boring. But if you must anyone can come watch. Just bring eye and ear protection. When you're there find Jeremy Moore from The Shooters Source. He runs the monthly matches in the North a Texas area.

I know a Guy Who Wrote a book.

My objectives:

Thanks,

Jerry Helm

What Jesse said........watching is only fun for a couple stages before you wish you would have joined in the fun!

There are plenty of threads about what minimum stuff is needed for 3-gun, but I would bet you could borrow a decent amount of stuff that you didn't have already. I don't know how many people I've loaned my shotgun out to...but pretty sure Benelli should be considering commission for 3-gunners by now. just a quick thing on etiquette...bring factory ammo (no +p stuff) if you are planning to borrow anything.

My objectives:

Thanks,

Jerry Helm

What Jesse said........watching is only fun for a couple stages before you wish you would have joined in the fun!

There are plenty of threads about what minimum stuff is needed for 3-gun, but I would bet you could borrow a decent amount of stuff that you didn't have already. I don't know how many people I've loaned my shotgun out to...but pretty sure Benelli should be considering commission for 3-gunners by now. just a quick thing on etiquette...bring factory ammo (no +p stuff) if you are planning to borrow anything.

What he said ^^^. If you lack gear just ask somebody always has extra. I will be driving so I'll have five of everything with me.