Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2014 Fallen Brethren Challenge

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To all prospective RO's,

Last year's match started with 30 ROs (3 per stage) and we had a couple of ROs get sick/injured after Thursday. This year, we're recruiting 36 ROs. We'll still assign 3 per stage but will have some additional capacity to help surge a stage if it begins to back up. It will also allow for a true LunchBreak which many/most did not get last year. In all, the work load should be reduced for each RO. We're also planning on VertX providing pants/shirts. We DO have the BEST DRESSED staffers :blush:

Everyone reading this forum knows that the MD sets the tone, the RM communicates it and the ROs display the tone for the match. We want Range Officers that are:

1) Professional

2) Friendly (not range nazi's)

3) Knowledgeable (rules will be locked down and available 1 month prior)

4) Fast enough to keep up with shooters like Daniel Horner on a couple of running stages :surprise:

Sandra says that we still have a couple of slots available if you're the right man/woman for the job. You'll get to shoot the match, walk the prize table with your finishing divisional position, VertX clothing, lunches, half your room paid for and be in the RO prize drawing on Sunday. If you're up to the task, shoot me a PM here.

Hope to see some of the best ROs out there serving you at this match.

-6-

To all prospective RO's,

Last year's match started with 30 ROs (3 per stage) and we had a couple of ROs get sick/injured after Thursday. This year, we're recruiting 36 ROs. We'll still assign 3 per stage but will have some additional capacity to help surge a stage if it begins to back up. It will also allow for a true LunchBreak which many/most did not get last year. In all, the work load should be reduced for each RO. We're also planning on VertX providing pants/shirts. We DO have the BEST DRESSED staffers :blush:

Everyone reading this forum knows that the MD sets the tone, the RM communicates it and the ROs display the tone for the match. We want Range Officers that are:

1) Professional

2) Friendly (not range nazi's)

3) Knowledgeable (rules will be locked down and available 1 month prior)

4) Fast enough to keep up with shooters like Daniel Horner on a couple of running stages :surprise:

Sandra says that we still have a couple of slots available if you're the right man/woman for the job. You'll get to shoot the match, walk the prize table with your finishing divisional position, VertX clothing, lunches, half your room paid for and be in the RO prize drawing on Sunday. If you're up to the task, shoot me a PM here.

Hope to see some of the best ROs out there serving you at this match.

-6-

"4) We're providing all Range Officers with Wiley Coyote kits complete with roller skates and jet packs!"

hahaha

If items 1-3 are accomplished, the LaRue targets are missing, and targets get painted......I think everyone is gonna have as great a time at this match as I have the last two years! We're all going home 5lbs heavier from a combo Sweetie Pie's Ribeyes and Babe's Chicken!

• 2 weeks later...

PMAG has come out with a 25 round .308 mag. Any way you guys would consider changing the Heavy Tactical rules to allow those 25 round mags?

We are on the same wavelength.....but I was thinking no limit to capacity. Just in case my Taccom 5rd extensions function with the spring in the new 25rd PMags! :cheers:

I'm in! Along with 2 other RRFD guys!! So look out all you donut munching LE guys!!! Lol!! Look forward to seeing everyone in October!!

Have respect,, it is not Donut Munching,,, :goof: law Enforcement Power RINGS! :devil:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Been talking to Sandra about ROing this match, so ....

I am looking for 1 or 2 folks from the NC/SC area who would be interested in car pooling to Texas. I need to be there Weds night, so if you're not ROing you would have to be okay with having all day Thursday to look around.

• 1 month later...

Thanks superfly...

I found approximately 54 shot, 6 slugs, 140 Pistol and maybe 120 rifle (my count presumes 2 shots on all paper). If this is reasonably correct, I won't need to go look for additional ammo!

My look at last year's stages indicates shotgun was used on only 3 stages, and handgun was specified on 9 (of 10) stages. Seems a tad light on shotgun and heavy on handgun. Is this typical for the FB3G?