Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

para pro custom 16.40

sheepdog566

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still think it's Vaporware for the P16. Their focus has been on single stack. Perhaps I am just nudging Para a bit???

Why am I being so hardheaded about sticking with Para? The guns do work and I like a steel gun. I have several P16, one even from Pineville and several Canadians.

ucoamultigun - good news on your p18. This should be a positive sign?

I already have a 9mm STI Apeiro and XDM 5.25 that I use for 3 Gun. A 18.9 would be nice, but I can't justify the additional cost right now. I'll hold out for a16.40. It is good to here they may be coming. I really like the Para widebody frame, I'm just really disappointed I can't get what I want and they have been advertising for over a year now.

I too was waiting for the 16-40, but after talking to numerous Para Dealers and getting NO definitive answer's, I went with the 14-45 Pro Comp Custom. It has been GREAT so far, plus there was a rebate and movement on the price from the dealer I purchased it from. (Paid $1145 plus I get the rebate off from that), then found mags (4) at Cheaper than Dirt for $23 each (Delivered in the Para packaging), so my complete set up was still well under the MSRP.

Now the only difference is the cost of ammunition.... I can see a reloading set up in the future.....

• 3 weeks later...

Almost the entire Freedom Group is consolidating and moving to a new headquarters in Alabama. Cost reduction is the primary goal is what there claiming. Could be good for Para and the group. Have to wait and see.

I too was waiting for the 16-40, but after talking to numerous Para Dealers and getting NO definitive answer's, I went with the 14-45 Pro Comp Custom. It has been GREAT so far, plus there was a rebate and movement on the price from the dealer I purchased it from. (Paid $1145 plus I get the rebate off from that), then found mags (4) at Cheaper than Dirt for $23 each (Delivered in the Para packaging), so my complete set up was still well under the MSRP.

Now the only difference is the cost of ammunition.... I can see a reloading set up in the future.....

Are the magazines you bought the same as the older para mags?

Until I SEE different from Para. P16 RIP. I think it is done and over - toast. Unless you are a super star and above. The platform is dead. I am actively selling my P16s and looking for something else. I really like an all steel gun. So I will use my SS for now.

I asked Travis for another update; here is the conversation:

Me - Hey Travis. Trying to get any more updates for the guys on the Enos forum. Are you still hearing late July for the 18.9 Black Ops and sometime in August for the 16.40 Pro models, or have the time frames changed?
TT - Hi Zach- Still looking good for the 18.9 Black Ops Recon. The 16-40 I wouldn't be able to say, only that I don't think it would be as early as August. Hopefully I'll know more soon. Thank you for asking!
TT - Also, it looks like the new 40 mags will be longer than the old Para mags ( same with the new 9mm mags). So the old Dawson pads will be too long for the gauge. TTi is working on new pads. Thanks!

I asked Travis for another update; here is the conversation:

Me - Hey Travis. Trying to get any more updates for the guys on the Enos forum. Are you still hearing late July for the 18.9 Black Ops and sometime in August for the 16.40 Pro models, or have the time frames changed?
TT - Hi Zach- Still looking good for the 18.9 Black Ops Recon. The 16-40 I wouldn't be able to say, only that I don't think it would be as early as August. Hopefully I'll know more soon. Thank you for asking!
TT - Also, it looks like the new 40 mags will be longer than the old Para mags ( same with the new 9mm mags). So the old Dawson pads will be too long for the gauge. TTi is working on new pads. Thanks!

Can confirm. We are working on pads.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Iggy42, I think Para as a whole is dead in the water. Pro shop site has been off line due to "move".

This is not how you do business in the world today.

Is there anyone out there that can prove concretely that Para has not assumed room temperature? Sure would like to know. I have been waiting on the new P16 mags for how long? "this fall", but in what decade I ask.

• 3 months later...

I ended up getting both 16.40 and 18.9 Pro Customs to join my 14.45 Pro Custom. The new 16.40 is a great shooter and has over 500 rounds trouble free in two practice sessions. The 18.9 will be my 3 Gun pistol this year and shoots flawlessly. I'm using STI mags in both of them as per a couple other threads. When MBX comes out with there Para mags, all the mag issues will cease to be a problem. I've owned lots of STI's before as well as a high dollar limited gun and am very happy with the Para's for now. Have to see how they hold up in the long run, but for the difference in price there a great deal right now

• 3 weeks later...

I picked up the Pro Custom 16.40 a month or so ago, has anyone had luck finding additional magazines?

I've talked to Para and it looks like the pro shop is done/gone and they sold all their parts stock to CDNN, Numrich and Saro. I've contacted each and they don't have the mags for the Pro Custom.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I picked up the Pro Custom 16.40 a month or so ago, has anyone had luck finding additional magazines?

I've talked to Para and it looks like the pro shop is done/gone and they sold all their parts stock to CDNN, Numrich and Saro. I've contacted each and they don't have the mags for the Pro Custom.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I've been told SVI 140mm mags work but $$$. Found some on gunbroker too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I have three Para wide bodies in 40sw. And I use the same STI magazines that I would use in my SVI gun. I welded up the mag catch ledge to match the height of the magazine notch on the STI tube. That is all that is needed to use the same STI magazines that you would use in a STI pistol.