Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

"Open" holster for TS and SP-01

jayjay1

Hey CZ-guys,

I´m having a ghost holster for IPSC, which fits both pistols, the Shadwo SP-01 and the TS.

But I´ve never felt really safe with it, because I´m always unsure if the gun sits tight or not.

If you don´t drop in your gun exactly, it might fall out of the ghost holster.

I always double check or more, because of that, and that makes me feel uncomfortable with this holster.

So I want to change and therefore, I want to get an overview of the competitors.

Please no closed holster like Bladetech and others.

Of course there is the DAA Race Master (Hanger).

And there are some different CR Speed holsters, of which I don´t know what their differences are. :ph34r:

Are there some other good open holsters, which I should take into the race?

Help would be great.

:cheers:

Hi,

Try looking at that one:

http://www.mannyusa.com/Firearms_Training/product/Futuristic_Magnetic.html

http://www.suomiase.com/en/ipsc/201-ipsc-kotelo.html (Original manufacturer)

I've personally got the DAA racemaster for a CZ 75 SP-01 shadow and I have to admit that it feels a little bit sloppy even in the locked position regardless of the tension setting. The locking block fit around the trigger guard and in the holster is difficult to get solid due to the round trigger guard of the CZs. If I'd buy a holster today I would go for the Suomi Ase holster. Many of my team mates have it and it is a good holster.

I love my CR Speed Holsters! The one I use for my TS is just the standard model (same as the 2011) which comes with all kinds of shims and spacers to get it snug.

Ok, so, could you tell me something about their holsters?

There are so many.

Which would be the way to go?

I love my CR Speed Holsters! The one I use for my TS is just the standard model (same as the 2011) which comes with all kinds of shims and spacers to get it snug.

Ok, so, could you tell me something about their holsters?

There are so many.

Which would be the way to go?

WSMII: http://www.crspeed.co.za/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=WSMII

They're all basically the same holster body, just with different belt attachments and muzzle platforms; the Tanfoglio specific is modified a little, but nothing you can't do yourself. The "World Shoot Model II" is the one with the dropped/offset hanger which is designed for IPSC/USPSA Open/Limited.

Edited by kneelingatlas

I like my DAA race master and it holds securely, BUT I think the locking method on my H&S CW5 is a better design. I would highly recommend that holster (NOT the CW6).

DAA sell it too, but you might find it cheaper elsewhere in the US.

http://www.doublealpha.biz/ipsc-holsters-rigs/holsters/hoppner-schumann-speedsec-5cw-holster?currency=USD

@kneeling atllas:

Yeah, I saw that holsters on several matches, but never could lay my hands on one.

I will try do so on the next match, thank you.

Will the WSM II fit the Shadow and the TS?

That would be a big plus.

@BeerBaron:

Nice nickname, I suppose you have German genes?

Höppner und Schumann, well, I used a Speedsec 4 several years ago and I liked it.

But I trained a lot and then didn´t like the way it treated my weapon.

I have it still here in my trunk. ^_^

I will take an eye on the CW5, thank you, trying too, to get my hands on one.

Can I use the Shadow and the TS with the same holster?

@kneeling atllas:

Yeah, I saw that holsters on several matches, but never could lay my hands on one.

I will try do so on the next match, thank you.

Will the WSM II fit the Shadow and the TS?

That would be a big plus.

@BeerBaron:

Nice nickname, I suppose you have German genes?

Höppner und Schumann, well, I used a Speedsec 4 several years ago and I liked it.

But I trained a lot and then didn´t like the way it treated my weapon.

I have it still here in my trunk. ^_^

I will take an eye on the CW5, thank you, trying too, to get my hands on one.

Can I use the Shadow and the TS with the same holster?

yes, actually I do have German heritage.

The speedsec 5 is totally different. it's delrin body and locking plate (no metal) so it will be as soft on the gun finish as it can be (obviously it still rubs the gun a little around the trigger guard, all of the holsters have to in order to hold it tight). Being a German shooter perhaps you should try the holster from die fatherland! :) :)

I'm not 100% sure if the shadow/SP01 model will fit the TS, but I think it will. it locks with a kind of C shaped hook that gets pushed down by the front of the trigger guard and the loops around behind the front of the trigger guard to hold it. I think it should work with both, but you'd have to check to be sure.

yes, actually I do have German heritage.

Ha! What an accident, me too!!!

:goof:

:P

The speedsec 5 is totally different. it's delrin body and locking plate (no metal) so it will be as soft on the gun finish as it can be (obviously it still rubs the gun a little around the trigger guard, all of the holsters have to in order to hold it tight).

Yes, I know that the Speedsec5 is an "open" holster.

Being a German shooter perhaps you should try the holster from die fatherland! :) :)

Well, no, unfortunately I do have the "German disease" and am always looking for the best stuff.

On the other hand, some German products might be not to bad, but that´s in the eye of the beholder.

What is a German holster worth, when it is suboptimal?

:blush:

I'm not 100% sure if the shadow/SP01 model will fit the TS, but I think it will. it locks with a kind of C shaped hook that gets pushed down by the front of the trigger guard and the loops around behind the front of the trigger guard to hold it. I think it should work with both, but you'd have to check to be sure.

Allright and thank you!

Greets from Germany

:cheers: