Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

blue bullets

bodene 5

The Blue Bullets

April 1 at 10:33am ·

Here's our new 9/38 super 125 Gr RN profile. The old 125 profile is all gone and these are ready to be shipped for the same prices.

125 round nose with NO lube groove are now available!

10150766_1478831842330533_57231569_n.jpg

Edited by bowenbuilt

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Blue Bullets

Here's our new 9/38 super 125 Gr RN profile. The old 125 profile is all gone and these are ready to be shipped for the same prices.

I don't seem to be able to locate these on their site; have a link to the new ones?

The Blue Bullets

I don't seem to be able to locate these on their site; have a link to the new ones?

I don't think they have had a chance to change the picture on the website. They've indicated all the 125's with the groove are gone so you will get the new style.

are they going to expand what they offer with no lube groove, other profiles & calibers?

Don't know for sure. I'm assuming so, as it seems (per email w/Nathan) they currently offer no lube grooves in 9mm 125gr, .40 cal 165gr and 230gr for .45.

15 yards offhand, slow fire. Maybe not the best example for strictly group shooting, but I wanted a good idea what I was getting offhand, not rested.

2014-04-08135419_zps149106ad.jpg

Xtreme quite a bit better on my first groups (bottom), started throwing them a little more on the 2nd. POA was under the dot on the top row in case of any high ones. Stock Glock 34 barrel.

Edited by AJE

I just recieved and loaded up some 147gr Blue Bullets this weekend. I was hoping that they would not come with the lube groove but they did. It really didn't matter though. They loaded up fine. The only issue was some, not all, were about .001 larger than the rest. Approximately 1 in every 10 were like this. Again, they loaded fine and shot surprisingly well. The 9mm Lonewolf conversion barrel for a G23 did'nt like the profile of the 147's so I had to shorten the OAL to 1.12. But with a normal stock glock 9mm barrel, they were perfectly fine with longer OAL's.(1.14 &1.15 tested with a freinds G17, G19 and G34). As far as accuracy, I could not see any difference than plated (Rainiers) and after 300 rds there was no FTF's or leading or any blue residue in the barrel at all. All in all, I will continue to use these Blue Bullets and save some money comared to plated.

My load ended up to be this.

147gr Blue Bullet FP

3.4grs IMR PB

CCI spp

OAL 1.12

No Chrono data - sorry

http://s326.photobucket.com/user/danman00/media/20140412_142534_zps24fc7cc6.jpg.html

http://s326.photobucket.com/user/danman00/media/20140411_142600_zpsa09b046e.jpg.html"

Edited by danman00

Glad to see some folks using these with Titegroup without issues. I've been looking for an alternative to jacketed bullets to use with that powder. I got a sample pack as well, but haven't had a chance to load them up.

Are charge weights with these comparable to other coated bullets?

Glad to see some folks using these with Titegroup without issues. I've been looking for an alternative to jacketed bullets to use with that powder. I got a sample pack as well, but haven't had a chance to load them up.

Are charge weights with these comparable to other coated bullets?

Charge weights should be the same as any lead load data. Out of my XDM 5.25, 3.4gr of titegroup under a 147gr blue bullet loaded to 1.145 makes 143 power factor, is very accurate and soft shooting.

With titegroup and 147 grain blue bullets I had to lower the powder as they shot much faster than the 147 plated xtreme I had been using. My competition load is 3.1 of titegroup under the 147gr blue bullet and consistently am at 880fps out of my CZ75. That's 130pf all day, every day.

I like these bullets for their good price, consistent accuracy and support of the sport. I recommend them completely.

I too would recommend them. They run great out of my limited and open guns. No issues whatsoever with running them through the ported barrel either. Possibly because they are .356 though, I have a 9mm AR that doesn't like them at all. They will chamber but they don't want to extract if cycling them by hand. Seems just a touch tight for the chamber. Pistols run them great, I think I have a new go to bullet.

I'm having to seat at 1.1, the lead data I found says 1.125. Will this be an issue? Other data, xDM 5.25 9mm, 3.7gr titegroup, mixed brass, cci 500 primer.

I'd back your powder charge down a few tenths if you need to sink it that deep, then work your way back up.

I'm having to seat at 1.1, the lead data I found says 1.125. Will this be an issue? Other data, xDM 5.25 9mm, 3.7gr titegroup, mixed brass, cci 500 primer.

Unless someone has confirmed data with your exact bullet, that load is on the low side from published data. I wouldn't worry overly much about the .025" difference, or you can back off to 3.6gr and work it up from there.