blue bullets

bodene 5

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i too shoot them, in 9mm. i really like them and they totally support the sports. only thing i notice is on my 1050 i have to bell the cases much less than the xtreme plated or else they really set back.

outdoors i notice no smoke. indoors i can, especially if the venting is poor at the range.

i like them, i use them, i recommend them. nathan has been nothing but helpful for me!

I wonder if it's their application process that's causing the residue.

I've never had any sort of green residue left on my fingers handling Bayou Bullets and they use the same coating.

Just got in a sample pack of the 9mm 147s. I am currently loads berrys 147 RN plated bullets with 4.1gr of longshot to get 130pf'ish. What would you guys recommend to stay in the same ball park. I've read that you can load about 5-6% less powder in these to maintain your PF for the same grain bullet.

My favorite load with these are the 147gr, 3.2gr Solo 1000 at an oal of 1.110. They are making 895fps from a CZ75 sp01 so PF of 131. Very soft recoil and very accurate. I have loaded these with 3.5gr WSF at a PF of 127 and they work very well with that also.

I just loaded up 750 of the 9mm, 125gr.

Using HS-6, velocities ranging from 1330-1550

I had absolutely 0 leading after 200 rds in my G17 open gun with a LWD barrel.

COL 1.145

CCI 500

175+PF at 7.8 gr.

image-10.jpg

image-11.jpg

This is my new go to boolit !

I shoot them in a open gun at 1400 fps. no problem at all. you're crimping too tight. I have picked up chunks of lead while resetting steel and they still have the coating on them. hands down, the best coated bullet out there.

My favorite load with these are the 147gr, 3.2gr Solo 1000 at an oal of 1.110. They are making 895fps from a CZ75 sp01 so PF of 131. Very soft recoil and very accurate. I have loaded these with 3.5gr WSF at a PF of 127 and they work very well with that also.

Were you loading the same length with WSF?

I shoot them in a open gun at 1400 fps. no problem at all. you're crimping too tight. I have picked up chunks of lead while resetting steel and they still have the coating on them. hands down, the best coated bullet out there.

Saying they are the best bullet out there can be debated, my concern is the color, It reminds me of a toy bullet for a toy gun when I was a child.

Were you loading the same length with WSF?
Yep, same oal.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Here is a handful I picked up under my steel plates. If you look closely the coating is still on the bullet and in the rifling grooves even after the front part of the bullet has been completely smashed away. I just received this batch 2 weeks ago so I don't think there is anything to worry about, the coating stays put just like a Timex.

TheBlueBullets.jpg

Saying they are the best bullet out there can be debated, my concern is the color, It reminds me of a toy bullet for a toy gun when I was a child.

best coated bullets I have used.. I should have been clear. I know it's the only coated bullet that I have found, that will standup to open gun velocity. The guy who started this thread already has a reputation for crying about stupid things.

Great first impression with BB. Ordered the bullets last Sunday night at like 11PM. Received shipping information the following morning at 7:30AM. On my doorstep two days later. I've got a test batch loaded up and headed to the gun club in the morning to do some accuracy testing and chrono. Will update with results.

I checked some 115gr and 147gr blue bullets against some Xtreme 147's today.

2014-04-01141933_zpscc82bda3.jpg

The best one was still my old load with the Xtreme.

Eta: Top left group was the 147 gr blue bullet with Unique, not the Xtreme.

Edited by AJE

Good thread, Just ordered 250-ct samples of 9mm, both 125 and 147 grain bullets. If I didn't still have a metric sh#t-ton of Bayou 40's I would've got some Blue 40's too. Will load 147's with WSF thru my CZ Shadows and 125's with HS6 thru my Open STI.

I did some some chrono and accuracy testing with my sample pack of Blue 147 FN bullets. All in all they shot well. No FTF or anything crazy. I did shoot them against some extreme 147's and there was a noticeable difference in accuracy. I also know that my trigger pull was better on the Xtreme bullets string compared to the others. Xtremes were going to my POA. Blues were a bit off.

Definitions for the accuracy testing. ( All testing was done at 15 yards )

Image 1

Label 1 - BB 147s FN w/ 4.1GR of Longshot at 1.145 OAL.

Label 2 - BB 147s FN w/ 4.0GR of Longshot at 1.145 OAL.

Image 2

Label 1 - BB 147s FN w/ 3.2GR of TG at 1.145 OAL.

Label 2 - BB 147s FN w/ 3.4GR of TG at 1.145 OAL.

Label 3 - Xtreme 147s RN w/ 3.2GR of Longshot at 1.145 OAL.

NWuiOTO.jpg

5oALoew.jpg

Longshot 4.1GR BB load data

- Low = 887 / Hi = 941 / Avg = 909 / Spread = 54.26 / SD = 17.46

Longshot 4.0GR BB load data

- Low = 875 / Hi = 914 / Avg = 893 / Spread = 38.91 / SD = 13.19

TG 3.2GR BB load data

- Low = 948 / Hi = 955 / Avg = 951 / Spread = 6.2 / SD = 3.0

TG 3.4GR BB load data

- Low = 983 / Hi = 1000 / Avg = 991 / Spread = 17.4 / SD = 7.81

TG 3.2GR Xtreme load data

- Low = 908 / Hi = 915 / Avg = 913 / Spread = 7.76 / SD = 3.74