Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Powder for Bayout Bullets 200gr RN

Rich219

The recent winner for me was N320 with an SNS 200gr coated.

WST (which was my replacement for Clays when it ran out and I've found it to be almost identical in performance) would have been a serious contender if I hadn't wanted to save my dwindling supply for my 45acp competition load. So I'd second the Clays recommendation as long as you're careful as you sneak up on the load.

A good place to start is about 4.0 grains of N320 if you can find any. I like to load my 200RN to an OAL of 1.200"

Ramshot Competition is pretty similar to 320 and also a good choice.

I've had similar results with 200 gr Black Bullets with the new coating. 4.1 gr N320 at 1.200" gets me right at 850 fps out of an AET barrel. I think it would be right at 4.0 for the same fps with a standard barrel.

4.2 WST, 200 gr Bayou, 1.190 171 PF low SD forget what it was

I've tested it over the chrono in 0 degrees 16 degrees and 45-48 degrees and it runs the same FPS avg within a FPS every time.

YEs I leave the ammo in the temp. for several hours before chrono'ing it!

• 2 months later...

I tried 4.0 of WST with 200 gr Bayou loaded long at 1.215" and made 169xxx also tried N320 at 4.0 gr but didn't make PF also 4.5gr of WSF it too didn't make PF. So I'm gonna stick with WST.

4.4 of IMR SR7625 easily makes major power factor out of my Glock 35, and shoots very accurately, however, I did have to change to a 15lb guide spring to get it to cycle reliably

4.2 also made major, but didn't give me enough cushion to be comfortable with...

Edited by UFO

• 4 months later...