Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2014 Blue Ridge Mountain 3-Gun by Doublestar Corp - Oct 16-18 at Rockc

9 stages x 130+ seconds per stage = a lot of shooting for a 3 day match. Stages this year I think were a little more straight forward than some previous years. Not that many all out sprints throughout the match either, but a lot of fun and challenging. I don't think any squad had it easy on the long range stages, either visibility was not great or the wind was kicking.

Thanks to match staff for putting it together, Rockcastle staff for the great hospitality and awesome food, all my friends at DoubleStar for title sponsorship, and RO squad 3 for a hell of a good time in the rain on Tuesday and Wednesday. It was pretty cool to see Jack Starnes and crew from DoubleStar working the stages and meeting the competitors.

Congratulations to Mr Sportsman, my buddy Jeremy Parker. He's a great example of working his ass off w the squad and still shooting a good match. Also a congratulations to my teammate Brian Vaught, Pete Laub, and Joe Neiderbach for winning the RO award for most efficient stage. Good job guys!

To all the competitors, please make sure to send some thank you notes out to the sponsors of this match. They need to hear from us so they know their products and support were greatly appreciated.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My greatest accomplishment of the match....I made Denise speachless. After all the shooting was done and all the guns were put away I saw her standing in the parking lot and asked if I could put a small tape recorder in her pocket for the Brownells lady's 3gun match coming up. She looked at me and stammered and stared and stammered and stared some more and said she was speachless. That has GOT to be a first.

My greatest accomplishment of the match....I made Denise speachless. After all the shooting was done and all the guns were put away I saw her standing in the parking lot and asked if I could put a small tape recorder in her pocket for the Brownells lady's 3gun match coming up. She looked at me and stammered and stared and stammered and stared some more and said she was speachless. That has GOT to be a first.

:blink:

9 stages x 130+ seconds per stage = a lot of shooting for a 3 day match. Stages this year I think were a little more straight forward than some previous years. Not that many all out sprints throughout the match either, but a lot of fun and challenging. I don't think any squad had it easy on the long range stages, either visibility was not great or the wind was kicking.

Thanks to match staff for putting it together, Rockcastle staff for the great hospitality and awesome food, all my friends at DoubleStar for title sponsorship, and RO squad 3 for a hell of a good time in the rain on Tuesday and Wednesday. It was pretty cool to see Jack Starnes and crew from DoubleStar working the stages and meeting the competitors.

Congratulations to Mr Sportsman, my buddy Jeremy Parker. He's a great example of working his ass off w the squad and still shooting a good match. Also a congratulations to my teammate Brian Vaught, Pete Laub, and Joe Neiderbach for winning the RO award for most efficient stage. Good job guys!

To all the competitors, please make sure to send some thank you notes out to the sponsors of this match. They need to hear from us so they know their products and support were greatly appreciated.

They definitely deserved that. For such a spread out stage it ran like a machine with the way they had it set up.

Another great chapter in BRM3G history is closed, and once again it did not disappoint for challenges. Weather, shooting prowess and physical condition were all put to the test.

Huge thanks to Andy for continuing to provide such a fun match. Props to Nick and the whole crew at Doublestar Corp for being the title sponsor this year.

And endless thanks to the RO's and range crew that endured some, let's say, less than favorable conditions to shoot in and then spent 3 more days keep us in line and safe, you guys are the best.

Thanks to Andy and his hardworking match staff. That was an excellent event (as it always is). The stage design is amongst the most challenging in 3 gun. It is a match that truly tests one's 3 gun skill set. You'd better bring good zeroes and leave your flinch at home! No 30 second stages from Andy Horner!

Thanks to the generous sponsors and to Rockcastle for providing the consistently excellent venue. And the biggest thanks to the Task Force Dagger folks who in the larger sense made the whole thing possible by keeping us safe. You guys are inspiring.

This was my first BRM3G and I'll definitely be back. Thanks to all the sponsors for supporting the match. A BIG thanks to all the RO's who worked the match. Thanks to Andy for setting up a really fun and challenging match. I wouldn't mind though, if you don't set up the tiger cage from stage 4 next year.

Cheers,

Kelly McCoy

BTW - Squad 2 was one of the best I've ever shot with. Zero whining, everyone worked, everyone was on time and ready, and everyone seemed to be really happy to be shooting the match. Thanks.

This was my first BRM3G, and it lived up to everyrhing I'd heard and more! Thanks to Andy Horner and his team, all the RO's who shot in the rain and worke in the mud, all the sponsors who donated so we could have an awesome prize table, and lastly the Nobles for having such a great venue for 3 gunning... See you guys next year!

Trey

As a RO on Stage 4 the comments on the cage were .... lets say .. eye opening .... :surprise:

There may or may not be some truth to the rumor that the cage (I like that term) was constructed by Brian Vaught and myself.

But if it were true, it probably would have been made to shoot a rifle out of, not a shotgun. As evidence by how much I struggled getting my 26" gun into it.

Thanks to Andy and his hardworking match staff. That was an excellent event (as it always is). The stage design is amongst the most challenging in 3 gun. It is a match that truly tests one's 3 gun skill set. You'd better bring good zeroes and leave your flinch at home! No 30 second stages from Andy Horner!

Thanks to the generous sponsors and to Rockcastle for providing the consistently excellent venue. And the biggest thanks to the Task Force Dagger folks who in the larger sense made the whole thing possible by keeping us safe. You guys are inspiring.

Yes, a BIG thanks to all the staff who shot in horrible conditions and worked long hours so we could enjoy the match.

Congrats Kelly ! You shot a solid match! It was a pleasure to be in the same squad with you.

As a RO on Stage 4 the comments on the cage were .... lets say .. eye opening .... :surprise:

There may or may not be some truth to the rumor that the cage (I like that term) was constructed by Brian Vaught and myself.

But if it were true, it probably would have been made to shoot a rifle out of, not a shotgun. As evidence by how much I struggled getting my 26" gun into it.

Yeh Bryan , both your names were brought up several times .... I just smiled w a evil laugh for ya since you couldnt enjoy it all :devil: :devil: :devil: then my typical response was .... "hey I didnt make it .... Im just working it" :roflol:

First time shooting Rockcastle and blue ridge, all i can say is i will be back next year for sure. Big thanks to all the ROs, there was not one stage that didn't run smooth. As for the F box, as my squad called it on stage 4,i actually enjoyed it. Something different and challenging that you won't see at any other match. That was one of my favorite stages, and ironically my worst, i blame the fog that morning.

Again, thanks to all the ROs, Andy for putting on a great match, Rockcastle for letting us use the facility and all the sponsors who never have to put anything on the prize table but always do.

Looking forward to next year and seeing some of the great shooters again next season.

I thought it seemed like it might be awfully similar to some other evil contraption I had to try and squeeze into. Because of your rifle stage with it I assumed, incorrectly, I had it figured out and it would be cake, but it was totally different with the shotgun and caught me way off guard. Even once I got myself and my shotgun into the box, squeezing the barrel and the mag tube between those slats, then trying to get a bead on those left side targets was a whole other puzzle. Some people got in and took their sight picture from inside the box which seemed like a great idea that I didn't have. That said "F box" is a good name for it and I look forward to seeing it again :D.

I also like that ditch that made it impossible to get a sight picture under the barrel. I don't think I saw anyone not have an "oh crap" moment and have to wiggle down into the ditch some more.

Bryan,

Next year I expect to see that box AND the shotgun array in a mirror image, its only fair that the rightys get to experience what us leftys did...

:)

jj

Bryan,

Next year I expect to see that box AND the shotgun array in a mirror image, its only fair that the rightys get to experience what us leftys did...

jj

JJ, we can only take credit for the box, not the array. :)

But I like the idea of support side shooting forced by position. For us rightys, of course.

Anyone know the manufacturer of the comps in some of the prize bags without any label on the packaging?

Not sure exactly what comp you are talking about but the ones I saw looked like the Taccom adjustable comps along with their buffer system.

The Yackleys wanted to give our thanks to everyone involved in this match...from Andy, Mike, the Nobles, and down to all the ROs. Another awesome match! It was the most pleasant BRM that we have seen in our 3 years there. The stages were challenging, but not crazy if you knew what to expect. The boys had fun with the stages, especially the bath house. Special thanks to Doublestar for being the title sponsor. The dinner on Sat was great! We are looking forward to next year.

Bryan,

jj

JJ, we can only take credit for the box, not the array. :)

But I like the idea of support side shooting forced by position. For us rightys, of course.

Guilty by association, I say! :goof:

Just take off the top, turn it over upside down, and put the top back on, but mirror image! :roflol:

jj