Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stoeger M3000 shotgun

mildot1

26" barrel ( Sports Mans Wear house) $489.00 + tax. They ship store to store no extra charge, or you can spend more and, get one done up by MOA not sure what he's charging

Local Sportsman's Warehouse is $499 out the door, in 24, 26, or 28. Always out of stock on the 24 though. I can't get them much cheaper by the time I pay my distributor to ship them to me. Now that we are building so many (and specializing in this platform) I will try to see if we can buy enough to get them direct from Stoeger and offer a better custom package price. The last 3 build-ups I just bought the guns from Sportsman's and skipped the 2 week wait for delivery from my wholesaler. $500 is about the going rate on Gunbroker, but you have to watch the shipping. Some places are RIDICULOUS. 26 is the most common length, 24s are coming on strong. I only see 28s here when it is all the customer can find. :huh:

I have two now as well. My open gun has a plus 9 extension on a 26" ( the tube would still be longer than your 28" barrel), Barrel porting, and a modified speed loader bracket from Arredondo. I opened the loading port up a lot on my first one for duo-loads then discovered that it needed the full port walls to contain the shells from the speed loaders. So I had to get a second, unmolested gun since I primarily shoot open class and really wanted to run speed loader tubes. So my original gun (with the big loading port) became my backup, Tac/ limited class gun with a +6 (end is even with the 26" barrel) tube. Nice thing is regardless of what class I shoot at any given match, all my controls are the same. AND, I have less money represented in both guns than a typical Benelli costs by itself!

i WAS running a set of SX2s / FNH SLPs. i decided to try this stoeger since i was fed up with fighting that damn piston. I got the 28 cause it was ON the shelf and was only $419. figured it would be a good "test gun project" and that i could get a 24/26 later. Plan now is to sell the SX2 and get the 24/26. keep the 28 as a back up / spare / loaner for new shooters and run the shorter one myself. going to set them both up identically. with +8s (12+1)

havent forgot about ya tom, ill be calling in that part order in the next few days. trying to see if i can swing x2 of everything for the primary and back up. even though i dont have it yet. lol

been checking out all your parts and its got me super excited to try these puppies out

Man I wish they were selling them for $399.00 near me. These are 5 bones plus around here, feel like I'm getting ripped NO not really compared to a $1150. 00 Berreta 1301 from Cablas the Stoeger M3000 is still a deal

The only places I have seen them locally are either $500 (Gander) or $550 (Cabelas). I would be happy even at $480 just so I don't have to step foot in a Gander MTN ever again. One of the local shops that usually has decent prices I inquired about ordering one for me and price. They haven't gotten back to me and it has been a few weeks. I might stop in tomorrow after work and ask again.

Stoeger has kind of an interesting market structure. They do not sell to the big distibutors (RSR, Davidson's, etc) in order to protect the little guy. However, they will not sell to dealers who do not have a typical storefront. I have an FFL, and a very large machine shop that specializes in gun part manufacturing. I also have a very strong interest in supporting their product. However because of local zoning ordinances, (I am in an industrial area), I can't have a "retail storefront". I can sell merchandise "incidental to the primary manufacturing focus" only. So, since I don't have a dedicated "retail area", Stoeger does not want me to stock their shotguns, even though I make high performance components for them. So I have to resort to buying them second hand from Sportsman's Warehouse, or Simmons Gun Specialties, or one of the other storefront/ volume resellers that sells below MSRP if I want to build up and sell brand new competition-ready shotguns. I volunteered to make a large initial purchase and place consistent multi-gun purchases throughout the year, and their regional sales manager still won't get back to me. Your local guy might be looking through his jobbers (wholesalers), but he won't find any. Only direct, and only if he has a normal storefront. Getting kind of frustrating to me. I think I could sell 75-100 M3000s a year, just based on current interest alone. Somebody ought to review their marketing strategy and see how much potential they are missing by having sales policy that ignores modern commerce. IMHO. :)

just looked in Montana, Wyoming, and Colorado on my weekend road trip. Everyone wanted 499-529 and STILL only had the 26 and 28. kinda digging the 419 i paid for the first one. now if i could just find another one! then i can call tom and just order 2 comp packages instead of 1.

Score!!! I was out and about today on my day off and stopped by a not so local gun shop that I knew sold Stoeger. I inquired about a black 3000 in a 24 or 26". The sales guy left to go check stock in the back and came out with a 26" still all packaged from the factory. So I "settled" for a 26" and it was $450+tax so I was happy with the price as well. Now to get a +6 nordic tube and some other assorted goodies from MOA.