Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Aero Precision lightweight mount

Steve RA

I've got a side charge upper - left side bolt - and I'd like to have a mount with the attaching devices on the right side so there isn't the risk of leaving a few fingernails laying around like with left side attaching devices (nuts, bolt heads, levers, etc.)

The Aero has the mounting stuff on the right but I'm just curious how they hold zero ???

Right now I've got a 1X4 Millet in a PEPR just to get the gun running (new build) but I'll probably end up with one of the new Primary Arms 1X6 scopes when they get some.

Do you have one of the Aero mounts ??

On their Facebook page I asked if they had a weight limit on scopes. The responder from the company said he ran a SWFA 1-6 in their Aero mount all last season and it held zero. Take that for what it is worth. I've never even seen one in-person, lat alone actually used one.

Surely someone is using one ????

They came out towards the end of last season so that may be way there's not many people running them. The low weight is very attractive but I have concerns on how well it'd hold my Razor which is a tank.

I'd also like to hear feedback from people with more experience in the area if one should be concerned about them only using two bolts per ring (on same side) to snug things up. Seems like doing it "hinge style" like they did would cause uneven pressure across the scope making it less idle compared to bolting on both sides.

scope-mount_angle1_b.jpg

Edited by mngunguy

• 4 weeks later...

Steve, I liked my first one so much I just ordered a second. Also to note they now have a version that allows the scope to be positioned a little farther forward should the original one crowd your eye relief a little.

Jeff

• 9 months later...

I'm :sick: Zombie :sick: resurrecting a post! Woo-hoo!!!

Can somebody provide me with a 30mm ring-height for these? I sent AP an email requesting info, but no response.

I really like the Warne RAMP height, which is a smidge low, and I'm hoping this will be in that zone.

Edited by jkrispies

Thanks, Vlad! FYI, Aero Precision wrote back when I tried them again on FaceBook. 1.5", officially.

Looks like Warne came out with a gen 2 extended version of their SKEL. Thinking that's officially the winner for me!

Edited by jkrispies