Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Quick Release Accessories Mounts for CR Speed Style Belts ( No ELS)

My guess on the TMMS is that they were packaged that way before 3-Gun got big—they thought it was more likely you were moving items from one belt to another... Look around; you can buy single and multi-packs of just the inners. That's what I ended up doing.

I'm still doing some thinking on Holster mounting. What I have may work, but I need to mess with it some more. The clip isn't really big enough to allow for many mounting options to the holster setup itself. I designed a very secure, redundant system last year that I still haven't built a prototype for. It's a little on the complex side, and has lots of parts - which is why I haven't built it yet. There should be an easier way. But what I can say is that it creates a really great user-experience and is ultra secure. It's just got a lot of parts behind the scenes making the magic happen.

Well, this thing is huge, but here is an ELS clip version. It's not nearly as clean and simple looking as the one I designed from scratch, but it would eliminate the need for me to machine a bunch of plastic clips. Still gotta see which I prefer.

I'll snap a photo of the two next to each other when I get home.

20140313_123322.jpg

Edited by jid2

My guess on the TMMS is that they were packaged that way before 3-Gun got big—they thought it was more likely you were moving items from one belt to another... Look around; you can buy single and multi-packs of just the inners. That's what I ended up doing.

aaaha bet your right... im 3 gun minded so it didnt even cross my mind

Edited by gondo

Get a Patent on that ASAP.

Unless it's already patent pending getting one now will be impossible since it's already been posted on the internet.

Gondo, sorry for my ignorance, but which one of the TMMS minis goes on the accessory and which one goes on the belt? Inner on the accesory? If that is the case, why would the kit have two outer and 1 inner? I though you have one belt location (outer) that will allow changing configuration (multiple inners attached to pouches for shotgun shells or ar magazines).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Man i have no clue why ppl package them like that. The female goes on the belt and bladetech includes 2 but only one male, funny way to do things i think. BUTTT what you can do is buy them from Shooters Source and Jeremy sales them in the kit or individual female or male pieces!!! Plus he ships them same day and is always good to do business with. The more i use these the more i like them. I use them for my shell holders in 3 gun and i can run traditional, load 2 or quad depending on what the stages requires and I just slide them off when not using them... caz who wants to reset steel with quad loads on their belt anyway. I think they are pretty well made but only time will tell. I would trust anything on them except my pistol.

I run the male on the belt and females on the accessories. I find it a lot easier for me to swap gear on and off and I have visual confirmation the locking arm is fully seated, which can be an issue sometimes.

• 2 months later...

To save myself from having to make a bunch of custom plastic clips I decided to just start with ELS compatible brackets. Got my belt all setup for Ironman!

IMG_6173.jpg

20140525_204146.jpg

20140525_204156.jpg

3D printed material is not very durable especially in flexing situations. The materials have gotten better, but not good enough. You could maybe use nylon on a SLS machine but they would cost as much as machining and not be as good.

Those are very cool! I just changed over to a CR holster and the thing I do not like is how there is no quick release attachment. I would buy some if you go into production. Let me know!

Those are very cool! I just changed over to a CR holster and the thing I do not like is how there is no quick release attachment. I would buy some if you go into production. Let me know

+1

Those are very cool! I just changed over to a CR holster and the thing I do not like is how there is no quick release attachment. I would buy some if you go into production. Let me know!

Blade Tech makes the TMMS and I just put the ELS clips on my CR speed belt. There are several options and there are some people working on some new ones as well.

Guys, you are over thinking it. Buy the packs with the 2 outer's and 1 inner... Inner goes on your belt or Tek-Lok, and outer's go on Accessories.

If you mount the inner upside down, then the tab is on top which makes for swapping gear on stages a breeze. For about 100-120 (5-6 kits) you can have a completely modular setup for those of us with CRSpeed/Blade Tech belts. I run the same belt for 3gun, USPSA shotgun, and action pistol matches. For those of us amateurs that don't have 5 or 6 dedicated belts, this works well.

Edited by mulrick

Guys, you are over thinking it. Buy the packs with the 2 outer's and 1 inner... Inner goes on your belt or Tek-Lok, and outer's go on Accessories.

If you mount the inner upside down, then the tab is on top which makes for swapping gear on stages a breeze. For about 100-120 (5-6 kits) you can have a completely modular setup for those of us with CRSpeed/Blade Tech belts. I run the same belt for 3gun, USPSA shotgun, and action pistol matches. For those of us amateurs that don't have 5 or 6 dedicated belts, this works well.

I would like to see this set up. Also, did you make a template to drill holes to attach the TMMS? I really like the tek loks, so if I attached the inner to the tek lok I could have the best of both worlds. I got my holster and mag pouches used with my Edge when I bought it and the previous owner put velcro on the back of each one to stabilize them I guess. What is the easiest way to remove the velcro and the glue residue it would leave behind? Also the screws are in so tight I can loosen them. Any ideas to solve that problem. I could just buy new ones in blue (because blue is my favorite color), but I think my wife would kill me. I would especially like to be able to remove the holster as I am not convinced it will be great for 3 gun, if I ever get good enough to go faster than a slow walk.

What is the easiest way to remove the velcro and the glue residue it would leave behind? Also the screws are in so tight I can loosen them. Any ideas to solve that problem.

A little bit of heat from a heat gun, then goof-off, or IPA for the residue on the velcro. For the screw, BladeTech has started to locktite them...the tip fo the soldering iron on the distal end of the screw for about 5 seconds will let you break them free.

Bigarm, I am out of town for business until the 22nd, so my belt is in the garage until then, I will snap a pic when I get home. I am ordering a whole new IP setup, so I will post pics when I get it together.... I put Velcro on all my techloks, I am about a 32" waist so I need them to grab since I have 7 on my belt covering almost te entire front part.

Nope no drilling required... These are the mini tmms by the way... The inners bolt to the techlok no issues, and most of my gear is blade-tech, so the outer bolt right to my carriers (ap 4s)

Only thing I had to drill was my pistol mags since I run safariland 773's, but that was easy, just took the belt clip apart and drilled 2 holes to line up with 2 holes on the outer... Lock tight everything.

I run a blade tech black ice for uspsa and action pistol and a wrs for 3 gun, these are mounted to the full size tmms on a tek lock.

I put up with a couple crappy belts, even running my battle belt for a while until I thought the modular stuff was were I was comfortable spending the money... All said and done it's not cheap, but def worth it for me. I have a lot of stage versatility, and I don't have to have separate belts to run the other matches that I do.