Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Precision Bullets

pskys2

I guess that it's time to go somewhere else. I don't want to, but I am being forced to because of a companies bad business policies. OH WELL............

:angry::angry::angry:

D

I don't know what the problem is, but I was told several months ago they were within a couple of weeks of being in production again. I gave up waiting and have since moved on as well. Too bad though. :(

Folks:

Ive shot precision bullets for a lotta years they are nice people and Ill

probably buy some in the future.

Shooters are nice people= I built a couple of guns for some steel

shooters in Iowa one of the fellows ask what kinda bullet I shot in the

40 S&W I told him= and he came and got two of his guns yesterday

brought me 11.000 bullets he made for me over the winter was just

going to give them to me I guess cause I help them guys out a lot.

Well I just took the labor charge off his guns for a long while.

Shooters allways come up with impressive charactor in so

many situations thanks to all of you for just being you!!

Jim Anglin

Sailors Custom Pistols

Sadr72 be not so quick to judge...What I have heard through the grapevine (read as not solid fact but only speculation) is that David's woes with getting his equipment running isn't exactly his fault. I was told by another shooter that the equipment keeps burning the transformer feeding his shop. In other words, he can't get the local power company to get enough juice into his building. Kemp isn't exactly a bustling metropolis and he may be victim to the recent deregulation that happened here with the power companies. You know the story, it's similar to the phone snafu. You buy the service from company A even though company B set up the line. You complain to company A who then has to wait on company B who then tries to say if it's inside your property, it ain't their problem.

I sincerely doubt that he is enjoying this any more than you are because he surely realizes that his client base will shrink the longer the delay is. I can't explain why there hasn't been a more thorough explaination on the website but I'm willing to give him the benifit of the doubt....until I run out of bullets, I'm being patient.

carinabmPosted on Mar 1 2005, 09:05 PM

I'm willing to give him the benifit of the doubt....until I run out of bullets

I know what you mean, but I ran out of bullets 2 months ago and have been using Rucker (Yep, I know) since. I also contacted them via e-mail 2-3 weeks ago and was told up and running by the end of February. A simple explanation on the website would go a long way here..........

I am at the point where the season will be getting warmer and stay light longer, which means more shooting (up to 2k a month). That means I need to place a big order again and can't wait for a company who will not explain to it's customers what the delay is.

I really want to use Precision, he's practically in my back yard and I want to support Texas businesses.

D

I ran out months ago. Enough is enough.

While the intent of going to swaged bullets was good (higher volume, lower production costs), reality is, not having normal cast production run unitl the new machines were operational was a poor decision. Whether it was in Precison's control or not, to long of a delay, not enough explaination. And you can't shoot an expaination anyway.

There are many cast bullet manufacturers in the Area (granted, not molycoated) like Jimmy Mitchell of Bulletworks, and KEAD Bullets in Dallas. Rumor has it some are even talking of starting their own molycoating - better hurry up Precision. MasterblasterBullets (WA) has taken another big chunk of their business by mail order, for moly as well.

Here's a reply that I got today:

"We are in partial production at this time and have the 45-200&230 RN in stock and working on the 40's at this time.What bullets do you need?"

Dave

Now, why don't they update their website?????

D

I have used bullets from Bulletworks and Kead. I needed someone to fill the woid left by PB. I am considering trying Masterblaster next, looks like they will be cheaper. Zero is now my big match bullet choice for open and limited.

Right now I am in the process of stocking up on my bullets for the year. I will be using KEAD for my limited gun. Probably about 10,000 bullets over next 2 months.

Just hope George does not run out.

Mike

precision has 45 bullets?

awesome

just about the time i get my single stack online ready to shoot matches, precision finally gets back going.

MasterBlasters bullets are good,

the bear creek bullets seem to be the same quality as masterblasters.

billy bullets smoke more and seem to lead the barrel more as well

masterblaster and precision the best i have used,

still waiting on bear creek to deliver 1500 bullets.

right now plated bullets are the answer

cast lead is just too smokey for match use

I've not had any problems with the Bear Creek bullets in .40 either in a Glock or my STI. The last batch of Master Blasters were very soft and left alot of residue in the barrel. I've heard that the newer ones are better, but I've got about 4K Armscor 180gr to shoot up before I get any more .40s. I've always liked the results I get with Lasercast 145gr out of my Glock 34, except for the smoke.

Westcoast Plated 180gr RNFPs did not agree with my Glock 35 at all, but worked great loaded out to 1.200 in my STI.

I too am waiting on a batch of 45s for my use and a few shooting buddies. My last info said Dave got a load of unsuitable lead and had to send it back, further slowing the production. I planned on shooting Open this year so the 45s I have should hold out a while longer. Still annoying to be put off so long. My order was put in last summer!!!!!!!

I heard from David this morning. 200 & 230 x .45 are in stock as well as 185 x .40. Call in orders are now being taken.

The web site will be updated ASAP.

Precision has undergone a major transformation in their production line but bullets are now shipping. Dave says sorry for the delays and thanks for your patience.

Precision Bullets seem to emphasize the safety of their bullets, i.e. no lead exposure, while MasterBlaster website is less convincing on this issue.

Do you think they are the same process, just with different marketing, or different manufacturing and bullets?

MasterBlaster's pricing on 200 45 SWC for example, is almost .07$ a piece I believe. Precision is probably similiar.

If you could buy plated bullets for the same or cheaper, would use still use the moly coat? More accurate, better feeding, etc?

Just trying to explore all options on non-lead bullets...so to speak.

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

...and the new precision bullets are every bit as good, possibly better than the old ones..

40 185s are nice, clean without a bevel base...it makes them sit in the belled case a little better for me.

the bullets shoot as accuratetly as jacketed.. :)