Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slide Ride Optic adapter for Shadow

sperman

I'm guessing you mean Cmore STS not slideride? like kneelingatlas said that's a fairly large optic to mount to the slide... most people use the slide ride on a mount as it has as flat bottom so mounts nicely on most standard or 90 degree optic mounts with the 2 bolts. but it would be near impossible to mount on the slide of a CZ...

I'm guessing you mean Cmore STS not slideride? like kneelingatlas said that's a fairly large optic to mount to the slide... most people use the slide ride on a mount as it has as flat bottom so mounts nicely on most standard or 90 degree optic mounts with the 2 bolts. but it would be near impossible to mount on the slide of a CZ...

I didn't realize a "Slideride" was a specific brand. I meant a red dot that goes in the rear dovetail.

At the Shot show a couple of years ago Angus was showing of his gun with a milled in dot. It looked awesome. It was on the Nutten Fancy video.

I'm going to put this on my backup production gun, so the slide needs to remain unmodified.

At the Shot show a couple of years ago Angus was showing of his gun with a milled in dot. It looked awesome. It was on the Nutten Fancy video.

I'm going to put this on my backup production gun, so the slide needs to remain unmodified.

you could do what Angus did and buy another top end. so that way you keep the bottom end and one top end 'production spec' and then when you want the optic just swap out the top end. he said that setup would be about $100 but it might be able to be done a little cheaper. his had a nice ported barrel and the slide milled to fit the optic which is a great way to get it down nice and low. that idea makes a lot of sense.

Is it for the 75 slide or the Shadow slide

Dovetail is the same the shadow just has some metal removed from the top of the slide behind the dovetail.

Not sure if you could get this imported or not but here are a couple options from the makers of the shadow viper.

http://www.waffen-oschatz.de/CZ_Teile_und_Zubehoer.html

Edited by thompsoncustom

Maybe it cost him $100. They sell top ends for $450 on the CZCustom web site.

sorry I was 1 zero short. I meant $1000. he said in the vid it would be about a $1000 set-up by the time you buy the top end ($450), then have it milled for the optic, ported barrel, lightened slide etc. not cheap but it would be a cool gun and I imagine would shoot very nicely.

I have a Shadow SAO and I'm looking for the same exact solution. At almost $500 to get a second slide to get milled to accept a mpunt is not an option for me. I'd like to find an optic mount for a Burris Fast Fire / Doctor Optic that will slide right into the existing Shadow dovetail.

I'm really looking for the "less" bulky feel you get eith a slide ride. Currently using a Bladetech holster for Steel Challenge and would like to continue using that instead of switching to an "open" type holster.