Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Expand REVO Division further

John Z Sr

The 6 vs 8 thing has obviously touched a few nerves. I propose, while everyone is being all "open minded" and "inclusive" to the 27 owners of 8 shot revos in the Country, that we take it a tad further. I say we allow .500 S&W Mags in the mix, yes they are only 5 shot, but we can say that any revo with a power factor of 400 or more, only has to hit each target with 1 shot and it counts as 2 hits (more than double Major, so why not, seems "fair"). How cool would that be, you have a makeup shot in every 4 target array!!! Before you bash me Mike, it's the same thinking as the 8 minor, just the opposite direction. And S&W can even stamp a few guns with Pro and put custom grips with initials on them and all will be good. Just a pre coffee thought, good day to all.

The evolution of revolver division has included 8 shot revolvers. It started out as just a special category way back when. Then we became our own division. Now I know you say the 27 8 shot owners in jest. But I believe you won't see many 625's around after the two year window has closed. I wasn't too keen in the idea myself but the realization that its going to help the division in the long run outweighs the few hold outs that are going to quit because of the change. Maybe not only will we have more revo shooters in uspsa it will spark growth in ICORE. Just maybe.

The evolution of revolver division has included 8 shot revolvers. It started out as just a special category way back when. Then we became our own division. Now I know you say the 27 8 shot owners in jest. But I believe you won't see many 625's around after the two year window has closed. I wasn't too keen in the idea myself but the realization that its going to help the division in the long run outweighs the few hold outs that are going to quit because of the change. Maybe not only will we have more revo shooters in uspsa it will spark growth in ICORE. Just maybe.

Thanks for taking this in the manner I posted, sarcastic jest, I love REVO Chris and hope it grows, no matter which direction it grows in. I love the shooting sports and the shooters, even Mike!!! I even have a few good cigars for Mike next time I have the pleasure to shoot with him. Love me or hate me, I don't care, I do love the shooting sports and will do my best to help them grow.

Well, a thought for the shooter's with less than perfect eyesight (I'm one)..... Maybe in the future, IF the "8 shot minor" inclusion proves to USPSA that some/more shooter's LIKE the Revolver Division???.... MAYBE there will be a place for a "red dot" on a revolver and not put us against the regular 28/29 shot "Open" bottom feeders???.... Who knows????..... While the current "fiber optic" sights help... the "dot" is the answer for me.....and another thing, I don't believe that adding a "compensator to a revolver" should put you into "open" class. The compensator is simply a barrel weight, it does not do anything with the "puffer" loads we shoot now. At my skill level and age, I'm not a threat to "win" a match because my revolver has a "red dot" with or without a "compensator" Even if I chose to remove the "comp", I still need the "red dot".... I've tried the "goofy glasses that help those of us with astigmatism focus better on the iron/fiber sights but never felt comfortable with them. My .02....

Edited by mike NM

I think the only problem with using 400 PF ammo would be on the steel targets. Repairs between stages could become an issue. I would enjoy hitting a Texas star in the center and watching them all drop ;-) dreaming is free.

Edited by BHill

I don't know about "loving" Mike... I do like BIM but he is one of them... you know A words (attorney)..... and I'm an LEO so we are genetically predisposed to get along like cats and dogs ;)

At the end of the day we are still all revolver shooters. I do like BHills idea about disabling the Texas star with one solid center hit with a 500. Of course that would really give the bottom feeders fuel wouldn't it ;)

Good, this is heading in the "lighten up" direction I was hoping it would!!!! Are you saying LEO's and those slime ball, bottom feeding, criminal loving attorney types can't sit down for a good few verses of "Kumbya" (not sure of the spelling on that) and no, not all that are attorney types are like that!!! Just keeping the pot stirred.

First of all, I do understand that this post was made very ""tongue in cheek", but I will make a serious comment on it nonetheless.

By starting this conversation so soon after getting 8 shot minor passed, we are really perpetuating the "give em and inch...." philosophy. Lets party with the new rules and leave the rest alone. There is a place for 8 shot dot revo. It's ICORE. If you don't have an ICORE club near you, start one.

If you want to shoot revo, you are basically only shooting against other revo shooters, and if you want to shoot a dot revo, you are only shooting against the other dot revos. You can do that now. If you want to shoot a dot revo and see how many other shooters you can beat, you can do that now. Further dividing a small group will do more harm than good in my opinion.

Yes, I have two revolvers, one with a dot and one without a dot...Just a thought for the future. Way too many USPSA divisions/rules anyhow... but there are LOT'S more weekly USPSA match's than ICORE match's in my area. I could see the possibility of 8 shot Single Stack and 8 shot Revolver being grouped together in the future but I suppose the "power factor" thingie would be a problem?... Heavens to Betsy, the "world" almost ended when 9mm was made a "major" power factor in USPSA. I'd hate too think anyone would even conceive that 9mm could make "major" in a revolver?. The world would surely END then !!!...I've read that the Chinese are going to try to put a man on the moon..(said to be impossible with their present limited technology, guess some forget who invented gunpowder/rockets).

Thanks for taking this in the manner I posted, sarcastic jest, I love REVO Chris and hope it grows, no matter which direction it grows in. I love the shooting sports and the shooters, even Mike!!! I even have a few good cigars for Mike next time I have the pleasure to shoot with him. Love me or hate me, I don't care, I do love the shooting sports and will do my best to help them grow.

Awesome--I am definitely planning to take you up on those cigars, John--first round of beers is on me! :cheers:

Well, to be fair, we need divisions for Open, Limited, Classic, Production and they all have to have 8, 7, 6, and 5 round variants. Throw in weight and age classes and you'll really have something. I mean I can see winning 0pen 7, 40 - 49 year old, 300#+, 6'3"+, Caucasian Male. Would adding haircut special categories be too much? What about piercings and tattoo's?

First of all, I do understand that this post was made very ""tongue in cheek", but I will make a serious comment on it nonetheless.

By starting this conversation so soon after getting 8 shot minor passed, we are really perpetuating the "give em and inch...." philosophy. Lets party with the new rules and leave the rest alone. There is a place for 8 shot dot revo. It's ICORE. If you don't have an ICORE club near you, start one.

If you want to shoot revo, you are basically only shooting against other revo shooters, and if you want to shoot a dot revo, you are only shooting against the other dot revos. You can do that now. If you want to shoot a dot revo and see how many other shooters you can beat, you can do that now. Further dividing a small group will do more harm than good in my opinion.

good point, I'll be the sarcastic pain in the butt, some of you make the more valued posts!!! I love the 1st Amendment!!

Awesome--I am definitely planning to take you up on those cigars, John--first round of beers is on me! :cheers:

Just Diet Coke or coffee for me Mike, I'll enjoy a good cigar or 2 with you my friend, but as annoying as I am, you don't want to add beer to the equation, Cliff will handle my share of the brew, this is a team effort!!

Hello to all.

I am new to ICORE, and our club just got it's affiliation, way up here in the great white north. ( Toronto, Canada ).

I have shot IPSC/USPSA for 28 years, then on to Action Pistol, and now to add to my fun ICORE.

I bought a 686 Performance Centre 4 years ago, just cause it looked cool and felt great in my big hands. O ya I'm left handed to boot.

No mater what the rules, any time you can put rounds down range is good for me, it's about fun and a way to relax, if I can shoot well I'm happy.

6 / 7 / 8 / does not really matter, it's all about the X.

I hope to meet some of you in the future at matches, if all goes well I might attend a few matches in the Eastern US this year.

Have fun, shoot well, be safe.

Russell

Hello to all.

I am new to ICORE, and our club just got it's affiliation, way up here in the great white north. ( Toronto, Canada ).

I have shot IPSC/USPSA for 28 years, then on to Action Pistol, and now to add to my fun ICORE.

I bought a 686 Performance Centre 4 years ago, just cause it looked cool and felt great in my big hands. O ya I'm left handed to boot.

No mater what the rules, any time you can put rounds down range is good for me, it's about fun and a way to relax, if I can shoot well I'm happy.

6 / 7 / 8 / does not really matter, it's all about the X.

I hope to meet some of you in the future at matches, if all goes well I might attend a few matches in the Eastern US this year.

Have fun, shoot well, be safe.

Russell

You ever get down towards North Carolina Russell, look me up. You are welcome to shoot your round guns with us at any of our ZSA or USPSA matches anytime, and just an aside, PLEASE keep all your snow up in Canada where it belongs, we DON'T NEED IT IN NORTH CAROLINA !!!