Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cell Phone Ringers

EricW

I don't give a damn what the ringer sounds like, I hate them all. I especially hate the ones that play "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" or other stupid crap. I hate egotistical jerks that have their stupid cell phone ringer set to play show tunes at 613dB then refuse to answer it in the middle of a restaurant during dinner. If I wanted to hear South Pacific, I'd watch the DVD, thank you very much.

Cell phones should be seen and not heard. There's a couple cellphones that will neither be seen or heard from again if I have my druthers.

:angry:

Guest Larry Cazes
hate egotistical jerks that have their stupid cell phone ringer set to play show tunes at 613dB then refuse to answer it in the middle of a restaurant during dinner

I agree completely! Every time my wife and I go out somewhere reasonably nice, some jerk leaves his cellphone on "ANNOY" and gets on our nerves. There is poetic justice sometimes, though. I read that there are now a few viruses that attach themselves to custom ringtone files that are downloaded from the internet! They play havoc with the phones firmware :D:lol::rolleyes:

Quick, anybody know where I can download some sound effects type ringtones? I've got 3 engineering meetings this afternoon and I was thinking of some Flatulence (Fart) type ring tones, then everybody can call me at

408-Bite-Me!!! :wacko:

Nolan

I don't have a problem with cell phone ringers, but I do have a problem with the people that have no sense of when to turn it off. Movie theaters, restaurants, in line at the post office or any other place where you have to wait in line to check out, either turn off the ringer or leave it in the car.

What I hate even more, though, is the people that put their phones on silent, but will still answer them and have a conversation... in the middle of a f@cking movie.

I'm must confess to being a Nokia Road Warrior, and I have a whole bunch of ringtones I use, some of which are allocated to "Caller Groups" (e.g. I hear machine-gun fire when somebody in my IPSC group calls).

However I agree with Eric that there are way too many inconsiderate idiots out there who don't observe common courtesy cellular etiquette, and people taking calls in a cinema or while somebody is making a speech are at the apex of my doo-doo list.

My local post office has "gone postal" on cell phones. If you have a cell phone to your ear, or it rings and you go to answer it while at or approaching the clerks counter, they'll look right past you and say "NEXT"

The first time it happened, the line behind the moroon just about burst into applause.

My local post office has "gone postal" on cell phones. If you have a cell phone to your ear, or it rings and you go to answer it while at or approaching the clerks counter, they'll look right past you and say "NEXT"

The first time it happened, the line behind the moroon just about burst into applause.

I have SO much respect for that.

:lol:

HA! You guys have "ring back" service activated yet? You dial a call and normally you hear a "ring, ring" or something from your phone to indicate that the called party's phone is also ringing, right? Well, that something turned into either music, any customized midi or wav or recordings of other people's voices. But it's not leading to a voice mailbox!

If this ever gets around to your part of the pond, I'll be eagerly awaiting another hate rant. :lol:

And, btw, our local cinemas are already imposing fines for cell users with phones that aren't in silent mode.

I had a guy in the gunshop last year with his ear piece in. As I was answering his questions he looks at me and Says" Hold on" I walked away and started helping another customer and he butts in and says" are you going to help me?" I said" not today and you can keep my $10.00" ( my commision ). He got pissed and left. :P

Turd head!

Ivan

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What chaps me even more than cell phones going off are those damn walkie talkies where you get to hear both sides of the conversation, not just the inconsiderate idiot standing beside you talking 8 octaves above normal. First you hear a "blip" then, "Hey, Charlie, would you bring me a load of 2 by 4s up to the job site?" Then another "blip" and the moron standing besides you says, "Yeah, I'll be right up after I pay for my meal at the Waffle House." Then "blip" and conversation, and "blip" conversation... I think cell phone and walkie talkie rage is justifiable under most circumstances.