Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Super Bowl Commercial

outerlimits

There was quite a bit of press this morning about the overall tone of the Super Bowl commercials. That they were more "family oriented." Now, I have nothing at all against any spots and tributes that acknowledge the service of soldiers, and we seem to have seen more and more of that since 9/11 and during all these Middle East theaters we've been in from then until now.

I still think the Radio Shack "1980s" spot was funny. But I immediately noticed the reduced "tone" of all the commercial ads and was not surprised to see a major article or two in the newspaper about it. I honestly didn't see most of the commercials in the second half of the game because the game itself was getting too painful to watch. So, if I missed a Budweiser Clydesdales spot, or one as unique as the "herding cats" ad of a couple of games ago, then I missed them.

The fact that I can hardly recall any of the ones I DID see speaks volumes about 'em.

I hope the winners,and the losers, got something better to drink after the game than Bud. :sick: I know I enjoyed some Partida Reposado ( thank you Brian) with guacamole and nachos. Almost made the game watchable. Almost. :ph34r:

I hope the winners,and the losers, got something better to drink after the game than Bud. :sick: I know I enjoyed some Partida Reposado ( thank you Brian) with guacamole and nachos. Almost made the game watchable. Almost. :ph34r:

Yea and I got a bone to pick with Brian about that Partida !!

Many times I see a commercial and remember it but forget who did it! Doberhuahua was not one of those. I am still laughing about the Sarah McLachlan bit. "Compromise Scares Us Too" :roflol: A real change from the patronizing luxury sedan commercials.

Game sort of sucked though...

the commercials seem to be getting weaker each year ... gotta wonder about paying a million dollars for ad time & getting what we see ... now as for the game .... that was a lot of fun to watch ... !!! I was hoping for 50-0 and once it got to 32-0 I thought I had a chance ... even at 43-8 it was looking good but then Seattle just decided to stop running up the score ... too bad ....