Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G17 into G19L

knedrgr

Here's my new toy from Santa.

0258F148-1EB7-4877-8149-9BAD0CCEEA11_zps

And it's about to go visit the plastic surgeon.

I've been carrying a G19 Gen4 for a while now, and its pretty good. So now I want a G19L.

6DBFFA9C-92FF-418D-B2C9-728AEDB3F613_zps

A little in-progress picture. Choppy chop.

D12E1B7B-9F88-4AF7-94FC-246B99EE54B6_zps

I really, really like the looks of this. Almost enough to start hacking away at one of mine.

Well done!

Couldn't you just switch top ends on the 17 and 19?

Nope. 17 and 19 have different locking blocks. Angle or spacing or something. And the bottom barrel lug is different too.

I really, really like the looks of this. Almost enough to start hacking away at one of mine.

Well done!

Nope. 17 and 19 have different locking blocks. Angle or spacing or something. And the bottom barrel lug is different too.

Not entirely accurate. You can buy a dust cover extension from LoneWolf and then pick up a G19L barrel from LoneWolf or Barsto Edited by dskinsler83

Yes, as confirmed above, you'll need an adapter to cover up the shorter dust cover on the G19 frame with a G17 slide.

I'd thought about it, but that's a $50 piece. I'll just put that into the new gun. LOL

Yes, as confirmed above, you'll need an adapter to cover up the shorter dust cover on the G19 frame with a G17 slide.

I'd thought about it, but that's a $50 piece. I'll just put that into the new gun. LOL

Yes, it's cosmetic. The gun would would work without the adapter and with twinkies stuffed in it. You just can't undo what you did to the frame. It looks good and clean though and if that's what you want then more power to you.

Yes, it's cosmetic. The gun would would work without the adapter and with twinkies stuffed in it. You just can't undo what you did to the frame. It looks good and clean though and if that's what you want then more power to you.

Nope, I can't undo what I'd done to the frame. However, with your version, I would have two mismatched upper and lower: a spare G19 upper and a G17 lower. However, with this, my G19 is sold as it had came from the factory: matching upper and lower.

I don't get along very well with stuff that cuts other stuff....especially a Dremel!!!!! I wouldn't even try it! I admire people who can do work like your conversion and I love what you did.

Richard

At least you know your limits. LOL

Nope, I can't undo what I'd done to the frame. However, with your version, I would have two mismatched upper and lower: a spare G19 upper and a G17 lower. However, with this, my G19 is sold as it had came from the factory: matching upper and lower.
Like I said , it looks good. I was thinking of what was gained and lost by this mod. What is the purpose of this gun? You might of had mismatched slides but you could always switch them back. Edited by ParaGunner

Having miss matched upper and lower doesn't interest me. Like I'd said, I can't run a G19 upper on a G17 lower without looking stupid. Plus, my G19 is sold. I guess I could part with those miss matched pieces, but I wasn't going to hold my breath.

The point of this is to get a slightly longer sight radius. And a cleaner looking Glock with the extended backstrap.

Pretty much done with the cut. Edges dehoned. And made a custom grip adapter that replaced the Grip Force adapter, which looks cleaner than the former adapter.

A06A6A80-76C0-4555-A3C2-A1B1B2E0ECAC_zps

A5B41935-9D9B-4782-814E-9FD123021C63_zps

3AAA3C58-08CA-47CA-9905-482A94B1F065_zps

Is like details on how you made the grip adapter. I want to try one and am reluctant to buy the one from DD. Of course if you want to part with your old grip force adapter let me know.

Seriously I would like to know how you made the adapter. I really want to try it.

-john