Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

which holster do you prefer?

Mlussoro

Just got my Manny Bragg. I'm pretty happy with it. Had to spend 10 minutes with a toothbrush getting plastic shavings off, and there is a little play side-to-side in locked position, but I can flip it upside down on my belt and the gun doesn't go anywhere. Muzzle doesn't even move from the magnets.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+1 on the Manny Bragg. Just picked up two for our Open rigs....I recommend the optional thigh pad.

Were you able to find the leg pad on the website somewhere? I never could, and got it because I emailed specifically about it.

• 1 month later...

And regarding modifying the race master, I did this one and it seems to work all right. No permanent damage done to any part.

Use one spring from a pen, attach it to the screw that controls the locking block and secure the bottom part with tape. The spring pushes the locking block to the top position.

post-45364-0-47992500-1409691807_thumb.j

post-45364-0-41643200-1409691845_thumb.j

post-45364-0-71164200-1409691855_thumb.j

Edited by joakim

And regarding modifying the race master, I did this one and it seems to work all right. No permanent damage done to any part.

Use one spring from a pen, attach it to the screw that controls the locking block and secure the bottom part with tape. The spring pushes the locking block to the top position.

Good idea!

That's an interesting way to do the spring mod. :)

the new magnetic inserts solve that problem too. I also have to say my new magnetic insert fits the tanfog trigger guard better than the old insert did so they may have improved that too.

If that's the case I need to get one.

yep, this weekend my mate was shooting a match. he has the old insert and has had trouble with the gun not fitting properly. I lent him my brand new, unused current model RM with magnetic insert and fit was much better. so I compared it to my other old style tanfog insert and it's definitely a better fit (well it was on my gun). like all the race holsters if there's a variance in the guns trigger guard YMMV but my experience so far is the new inserts fit better too.

I'm running the tension screw racemaster for my cz, and the magnetic racemaster for my tanfo. No issues with them at all. I have added the muzzle support on both. On the cz mostly for seated starts, the tanfo just seems too long not to have the muzzle support. I had a very small amount of movement in both holsters without the muzzle support t that has been totally eliminated.

Run race master mag pouches too. Ever an issue with any of it, love it and recommend it. Had a couple club members play with mine and have since changed to the RM gear.

When I first got my LC, I tried fitting a CR Speed WMII and wasn't happy as it didn't feel secure enough. I had previously purchased a Bladetech competition model with the open front and decided to use that for my first match with the Tanfo.

After I finished what I thought was a good stage for me, I found myself satisfied and happy at the "Hammer Down and Holster " command. Pleased with the stage, I holstered, heard the reassuring "click" and then watched the gun spiral to the ground for my first ever DQ.

Later during my post mortem, I figured out what had happened. My brain had followed the holstering routine and auditory queues from years of using the CR Speed so when I pushed back to lock in, the gun went for the DQ ride.

I went home and ordered the Tanfo specific CR. When that arrived, I found the only difference is the locking tab positioned so it locks the squared trigger guard. More time with a drill and file would have converted one of my WMII's perfectly. Live and learn. That DQ burned me for life. :-(

Now I'm going to take a close look at a Ghost Stinger or the Ben Stoeger offering as I like his hanger.

I'm currently running the cr speed wsmll and with the mod it works decent a little too much front to back movement for me so I picked up the safariland 014 and i can't get it to fit my gun.. Anyone looking for a holster lol? Scrap bin it may go.

Gump. Manny Bragg is the best fit for tanfoglio. The new magnetic daa inserts are cut better too.

Unfortunately just because a race holster fits one brand of gun well doesn't mean they did a good job with the others.

Yea, I'm wishing I would have spent the extra money on a DAA or manny Bragg now but I'm gonna see if a few open guys can help at the next match. If still no bueno I'll sell it and go with a different one. Got my slide racker in though Baron and it's a tad too wide to fit. Thinking just smooth a little on edges and it'll become a snug fit. All in all though my open gun/project is coming along:-)

yeah mostly the rackers will be oversize or 'gunsmith fit'. it's to ensure they'll fit all dovetails which have some variance. better than it being too small. not much you can do in that case!!

glad to hear you're moving along. now just get a manny or DAA holster, some 3N38 or N350 and a cheely mount and you'll be set. :)

yeah mostly the rackers will be oversize or 'gunsmith fit'. it's to ensure they'll fit all dovetails which have some variance. better than it being too small. not much you can do in that case!!

glad to hear you're moving along. now just get a manny or DAA holster, some 3N38 or N350 and a cheely mount and you'll be set. :)

I have gotten the holster thing taken care of, returning it and going with the DAA racemaster. I'm gonna use the autocomp I've got then will try the 3N38. One step at a time mate:-)

• 5 months later...

I haven't had a chance to skim all 8 pages of this thread (at work) but what is the consensus on the best race holster for elite limited? Is it the daa?

I have a safariland 014 but it wiggles around quite a bit and I'm not real satisfied with it.....

keep you burgerhook off the bang switch until your peepers are on the hamburgler .......

DAA with the magnetic insert is awesome. I added the muzzle support as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where can you get one? I checked a few places and they don't have one for tanfo or it's special order........

keep you burgerhook off the bang switch until your peepers are on the hamburgler .......

Stoeger pro shop

Shooters connection

Daa eu site direct

Ced us site

All should have it. I also really like the manny Bragg post apocolyptic mad max holster for my tanfos. l Have both the daa with magnetic insert and the manny and probably slightly prefer the manny. Both are great.