Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2014 Cheely Custom Gunworks Michigan State Sectional

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just looked around and found about 8-10 new rule books that I ordered for people. They never did get them from me so I will have them for sale at the match on my stage.

Edited by Sarge

Hello Shooters,

We are only days away from the biggest Michigan Sectional we have ever had. The gates will open at 7:00am each day. Myself and a handful of workers will be there getting everything ready. Shooters check in will start at 8:00am and end at 9:30 sharp at the club house. We will use that half hour to get the nooks ready so please be on time. Shooters meeting will start at 9:50 and shooting at 10:00. When you check in you will be given a shooters bag and door prize if you won anything. Small prizes will be in the bags and large prizes will be at the prized table. We will have a plate rack will from 8:00-9:30am each day if you would like to warm up or function your gun.

There is no safe area in the club house but there will be one just outside. Once you check in feel free to drive down to the range or park in the lot and walk. For those of you that have not been at the club before it is a long walk. There will be three safe areas out by the ranges. One at each end of the range and one in the middle. The chrono will be after bay 9. We will have a box for production and single stack and a scale for production.

The stages have been posted on the web page. www.oakhillgunclubmichigan.com

There are nine bays. After you shoot 5-6 stages we will be serving lunch. You do not have to eat but are workers will be taking a break to eat. We are serving pulled pork sandwiches, potato salad and fruit. Lansing’s own Quality Dairy is supplying all the bottled water. If you do want pop the club has cans for $1 each. We will have some water jugs on the range as well as bottled water.

This link will show the map of the club. Google map is the only one that shows the club at the correct address. If you are using your GPS you can us address 2001 s. pline rd, pewamo, mi 48851. Or the coordinates are 42.959265,-84.876959. If you have trouble finding us give me a call.

I’m looking forward to seeing everyone this weekend.

Chris Vasilion

517-285-3697

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=1900+S+Pline+Rd,+Lyons,+MI&hl=en&ll=42.9606,-84.874245&spn=0.006383,0.013937&sll=42.96027,-84.874417&sspn=0.006383,0.013937&oq=1900+S+Pline+Rd,+lyons,+MI&t=h&hnear=1900+S+Pline+Rd,+Lyons,+Michigan+48851&z=17

The plate rack will be in bay 2. Yes you can come Saturday and check in for Sunday. I don't know how late we will be at the range. If the gate is open then we are there.

Chris

First I had fun shooting the match. Several of the stages were interesting and most of my screw-ups were of my own making. I hate skunk stripes, especially weak hand only. I hope it goes well for the rest of the match.

Second, I noticed on the the results that my scores for Stage 8 were not posted. Could you look into this?

Good luck and see you on the ranges.

Jay Worden L-870

The plate rack will be in bay 2. Yes you can come Saturday and check in for Sunday. I don't know how late we will be at the range. If the gate is open then we are there.

Chris

First I had fun shooting the match. Several of the stages were interesting and most of my screw-ups were of my own making. I hate skunk stripes, especially weak hand only. I hope it goes well for the rest of the match.

Second, I noticed on the the results that my scores for Stage 8 were not posted. Could you look into this?

Good luck and see you on the ranges.

Jay Worden L-870

Because of continual range failure, stage 8 was thrown out.

Stage 8 was an interesting design in that it incorporated something that we usually don't do, retreat while engaging targets. The start position was downrange at the back of the bay and after engaging low targets directly in front of you, you had to back up to engage the remaining targets ending at a port where both paper and 3 plates were to be engaged.

From what I understand, the plates became a continuous range equipment failure problem, triggering multiple reshoots. The stands were open to bullet strikes which of course knocked the plate down without it actually being hit. Since the plates were being painted for every shooter, it was obvious to the range officers when this occurred.

At one point on Saturday, there were three squads waiting to shoot that stage.

The lessons learned for other match directors and stage designers is that a separate piece of 90 degree angle iron should be placed in front of the plate stands and anchored so the vibration from bullet strikes cannot be transmitted to the mounting post. The plates should also be set so that splatter from one does not take down another plate.

We started on Stage 9 so 8 was going to be our last stage. It was thrown out before we got there.

BC