Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Our departed loved pets returning for one last visit.

Mikethor

I want to share this and thought long and hard about posting this.

Thor my German shepherd was put to sleep in august last year, I buried him on a sunny warm day with the odd cumulus cloud floating past. I buried him in one of his favorite places at home and also placed his favorite ball on top of his grave - a very very flat basketball.

I have had many dreams about him since he passed away however I had one a month or so ago which was very different. In my dream my fiancée woke me to say Thor had come home but only for a short time - I could not contain my excitement and ran outside into the warm sun on my front lawn and there he was. He ran up to me slowly as he looked like he was just when I put him to sleep, I hugged him and he licked my face - I could not believe it. Then I woke up and realized it was just a dream.

Walked out past his grave that next morning and the entire dream flooded back - I looked at his grave and something was wrong, his flattened basket ball was no longer there, instead it was a good meter away parallel to his grave flat on the grass.

The ball was on his grave the day before and it was not possible for it to move off by itself, and this coincided with my dream and the weather and everything in my dream was the same as when he died.

Anyway, I'm sure others have experienced similar events.

Edited by Mikethor

I remenber when you posted about Thor's passing. Your dream was absolutely true. Believe it. It was not just a dream. You were with Thor again for a short period of time. God's gift to you and Thor. You're very lucky. Never forget it.

i hear you.

went into the same blasts of the past with my old pal .

i'm convinced i've met him into a ''night walk''' . we were tied litteraly,wherever i was going to,he was following, was beloved from all my friends. i tried to stretch the rubber band the best i could, but at one point the time came ; we've been close to each other till the very end and i know he knew what was coming and appreciated the way we did that thing together .

to me, those dreams are reality taking place in a parallele dimension which we can access more easily from some area of the brain more active during sleep. window that can be opened from a subconscious state of mind.

at least it's my belief.

t0213n.jpg

Edited by sigsauerfan

I won't go into too much detail here...just the Cliff's notes.

I went in for my second sleep study where they hook you up again to an EEG and various other wires, and a CPAP machine. The technician said that with more oxygen going to my brain my dreams would be more vivid.

So that night I had a dream where ran into my old dog, a vizsla, and some long since deceased relatives.

When I went back to the doc for a follow up a appointment, I told him, "That was kind of a trip. Your technician was right, dreams are more vivid with the CPAP." He flipped through my file, looked at a few pages, and goes, "Nope, our records here show that you didn't dream at all that night. You had no, ZERO! REM sleep."

<shrugs shoulders>

Mikethor,,

I too remember when you lost Thor.

I was thinking about your dream,you know animals pick who they give their love to just like humans .Some people we don't like as well as others some we like more.Its quite oblivious Thor picked you to give his all , like has already been said it was real enjoy the fact that you were picked..