Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ohio (Buckeye) Section Match

I loved that shaky bridge....as soon as I got to the range on Friday and saw the stage in person I knew I would gain a boatload of points on it.

Your score on that stage depended almost solely on how you percieved the stage.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is a M Open and shoots GM scores. Hard to believe he is 17 years old. Check out last years Nationals he won high Master or check out this years results at a lot of major matches. Look at the top ;)

The U is a mistake. I called stats on this and I am pretty sure it will be corrected.

Thanks Jeff for putting the photos up...The last two guys are myself on the bottom John Baldwin (Para45) and my brother is standing above me (Glen). Congrats to Patrick for the big ORC win!!! A big kudos to Kyle for putting on a first class match...the RO's were great so whatever you are paying them it was not enough. Squad 13 with our token bottom feeder (Greg) you guys were a pleasure to spend a day with keep the faith we will convert more.

Jake you hit that right on the head once you get rid of the distraction and just shoot there was nothing to it. I still got a couple misses but it had nothing to do with the bridge...(I really think it was because I was not pointing the gun at the place I wanted it to hit). Kyle & Steve again great job and if you build it the Revos will come................... :o:D

He is a M Open and shoots GM scores. Hard to believe he is 17 years old. Check out last years Nationals he won high Master or check out this years results at a lot of major matches. Look at the top ;)

The U is a mistake. I called stats on this and I am pretty sure it will be corrected.

Yep, been fixed, we had his USPSA# as TY44285 instead of TY44785 like it should have been....sorry about that.

Yep, been fixed, we had his USPSA# as TY44285 instead of TY44785 like it should have been....sorry about that.

well, i guess that answers my question.

lynn

I think I got all the classifications straightened out. Let me know if I cmissed a few. The updated version is posted on the USPSA site. I just sent the file to Nick (Roboman) to be posted on the Ohio site.

Kyle not sure why my USPSA number is missing but I would like those classifiers to get put in due to those would count towards my B card (Revolver). John Baldwin TY45269. Again great match you found all of the top ROs to make it one of the most relaxing and enjoyable matches around.

Sweet match, lots of fun. Even with the friday joys of changing stages after they've been shot a few times... Shot it worse the 2nd time, and way better the third time (reshoot) :lol: .

Glad it was so enjoyable for my first big match away from the home ranges. And winning was the icing on the cake.

Thanks much Flex, Steve, and all others that made it possible. I'll be back next year :)

OK...

WOW...what a great match. I just can't believe how hard the staff worked. The staff did every little thing I asked of them. In the end, they even had the range cleared before they went home on Sunday evening. Fan-freakin'-tastic! :):):)

Out of the 170 shooters that signed up for the match...we got our 20 Revolver shooters! That seems to be a record. (note to the revolver shooters...the other 150 competitors at the match didn't seem to notice they were shooting a revolver match ;) )

Here are the numbers, and the winners:

Ohio Section Championship - 2005

Match winners:

Limited (57 shooters) - Matt Trout

Limited_10 (28 shooters) - Jeff Cassell

Open - (30 shooters) Brad Balsley

Production - (35 shooters) Matthew Cheely

Revolver - (20 shooters) Patrick Sweeney

Total: 170

The OHIO Division Champs are:

Limited - Bob Vogel

L-10 - Jeff Cassell

Production - Kyle Farris

Revolver - Bill Nesbitt

Open - Steve Anderson

The match proved to be very challenging. I'd be surprised if the Nationals was tougher. I know that a lot of good shooters were wondering if they really knew how to shoot (I was, at least).

STAFF:

Range Master: Brian Hanna did a great job in his first roll as Range Master at a Major match. Brian is the future of our sport. Thanks BDH!

Stage 1: Jeff Whitaker as CRO, with Chris Mclearn as RO. Hardly a peep out of this stage. Smooth operators.

Stage 2: Chad Rausch as CRO, with Frank Holtzhuaer as RO. On top of Chad being a rookie (major match) CRO and me sticking him right in the mix...he is just a fantastic worker. We couldn't have run this match without him. Frank is a fantastic asset to the shooting community. These two ran a great stage.

Stage 3: Bill Seevers as CRO, with Nick Repasky and Hunter Booth as RO's. What can I say about Uncle Bill...he is a seasoned pro. He even had his stage tore down Sunday evening before I even knew he was doing so. Nick "just tell me when and where" Repasky is always ready to work. And, young Hunter...he did a great job for us too.

Stage 4: Steve Anderson as CRO, with Duane Bear and David Dong as RO's on Saturday, and Mike McDowell and Mike Breseman as RO's on Sunday. We tossed in some added horsepower with Adam Porter and Phil Griggs helping to keep this stage steaming along. Steve and crew did a great job on the toughest stage of the match to run. Thanks guys.

Stage 5: Jennifer Reed as CRO, with Ray Zillick and Bruce Collier as RO's. They ran their stage so smooth that I would say these guys were hanging out in the shade of their tent most of the time...but, they had that deep gravel to deal with. It must have been like walking in deep beach sand all weekend.

Chrono: Mark Anderson did the duty on Friday (staff day). John & Linda Booth and Dale Taylor ran the chrono over the weekend. Another stage I didn't have to worry about. Thanks!

Stages 6 & 7: Paul Hernadez as CRO, with Rick Steel, Jerry McCord, Bob Faun and Dan Gierhart as RO's. I gave Paul this tough little double bay...with the shakey bridge. I am glad he and his crew were there to handle it.

Stage 8 & 9: Team Sako. Jeff LaFave and John Baier as CRO's and Mark Shollenberger and Mel Campbell as RO's. These guys had it made in the shade. Good job...glad you guys were on the team.

Stats: Nick and Melissa Rembis, Deb Hanna, Carolyn Wilkin. Great work!

Shooter services: Bob Smith, John Fordorsen, Phil Griggs, Adam Porter, Jake Divita

Mr Fixit: John Kimball, Mike Josselyn

Computers Supplier: Steve Anderson

Computer Services: Nick Rembis

Transportation: Terry Roberts and Bruce Collier

Communications: Tom Rayner and Brian Hanna

Saturday Night Gatering: Jason Comrad and Family

Lunch: Curt Harris

Targets: Rayner's Range, Miamiasburg, Dale Taylor, and Target Barn

Stage design: Steve Anderson, Jake Divita, Kyle Farris, Jennifer Reed, Mark Anderson, Brian Hanna...

A special thanks to the Pickaway County Sportsmen Range for allowing us a place to shoot...and making it a nice place to do so.

Man...I hope I didn't miss anybody. I am really proud of the Ohio Staff. I worked them hard...and they came through.

And, thanks to all the shooters. What a great community we have.

:)

To ALL Ohio Match Staff,

After struggling to gather everyone's email addresses, I decided to just post here.....

First, we were in this together, and every one of you delivered in spades! ;)

Second, I 'tried' to thank each of you individually, but did occassionally get side-tracked.... :wacko:

Soooo, my thanks to each and every one of you for helping us make this match a success!! Cold adult beverages (or your choice) on me and Mrs BDH in Barry.... (well, that is, except for SAKO who seemed to cash in Saturday night!!! :P:P:P )

Seriously, you guys/gals are the best! ;)

Congrats Flex , sounds like the match was a success. Sorry I missed it. From my count on the squadding for the nationals, their will be 21 revos at nats this year, and you had 20 at the Ohio section. Job well done.

Tom

I just wanted to comment on the pleasant laid back atmosphere at the match. Sue and I both noticed it. We both thought it was one of the most fun matches we have ever shot. I thought at first it was just because I was having fun shooting revolver. :D But then Sue said the same thing on the way home. Everything ran very smoothly and the RO's were terrific. It seemed like everybody was having a good time. Thanks to everyone that helped.

Bill Nesbitt