Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ohio (Buckeye) Section Match

The Rayner's have decided to take a (well earned) break and not run the Buckeye Blast next year (2005).

The past couple of years, the Buckeye Blast has also served as the Ohio Section Match.

So...Steve Anderson and I will be putting on the Ohio Section Match at the Circleville Club (Pickaway County Sportsmen).

It will be held on the 3rd weekend of June (amazingly, we aren't on the same weekend as an Area match).

The match will be very, very similar to the matches you have come to expect over the last couple of years. We will bring you solid...freestyle...stage design...testing the shooting.

I'll have more details to add later. I thought I had better get the word out, so that you can put us down on your shooting calendar. B)

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm all in...The Michigan contingent will be there in full force!!! You buckeyes better cinch up yer corsettes and be ready for a northern assault. I may not hit what I'm aiming at, but by gosh, I'll look good doin' it!!! I've got my reloads down to five seconds, and I've been dry-firing with a carrot for two weeks now!!! :P Can't wait to see the Ohio guys (Flex, BDH, Mrs. BDH, Paul H., Steve A, etc...). I'm sure it will be a great match...Let me know if me and the Mrs. can help. ;) We'd like to camp too (not next to Cameron though...he smells a little like sour milk :lol: ) if there is a plug-in available.

Jeff

That is sad, the Mi state revolver champ with a 5 second reload. Well, if Barrettone can't stand the smell, I guess I will save my steak and bake for a more appreciative state champ! :P Last I checked, the SAKO Ohio camp smelled like horse pucky!

Jeff, please advise on your planned Division, as the remaining Mi crew will shoot with you. A little competition against a state champ will do us some good. Jake was saying something about a new revolver in his stocking!!! Oh ya, please plan the special classifier match so we can all make B in Rev before June!!

LoL kyles house is just over an Hour from the range!!!!!! I figure i'll be staying in the circleville area.... unless there is more poker to be played :)

I saw the great quality of help at the circleville range (asside from kyle and our hard at work, working leader Steve A.) all of the guys do a GREAT job in stage setup and making sure all the props are where they should be.

Kyle, we gotta use that mover down there :) and put those plate racks to some good use in the course design.

That is sad, the Mi state revolver champ with a 5 second reload.  Well, if Barrettone can't stand the smell, I guess I will save my steak and bake for a more appreciative state champ! :P  Last I checked, the SAKO Ohio camp smelled like horse pucky!

Jeff, please advise on your planned Division, as the remaining Mi crew will shoot with you.  A little competition against a state champ will do us some good.  Jake was saying something about a new revolver in his stocking!!!  Oh ya, please plan the special classifier match so we can all make B in Rev before June!!

Nice one Cameron :D

Hey Jeff, does that reload time include putting your gun back together :P:D

:blink: did I type that out loud

Let us know the hotel lists so we can make the reservations....

Circleville, OH is about 3 miles from the range. They have an assortment of hotels. So far...I don't thk we are bumping up against any other events in the area.

I don't have an "official" list of hotels (yet). Some of you may ethat the match has been posted on the USPSA Major Match schedule for a while...but, I just got it approved thru the local club board on Thursday (yeah...had to put the horse before the cart on that one. :)) Anyway...one of the board members has sent me contact info for the local CoC...I am in hopes of them welcoming us with open arms.

Also, there is a State Park...very close to the range. I am told that they are a great place for camping. And, I am told to get in touch with them ASAP to reserve a spot.

I only shot a Glock for a very short period of time before deciding I didn't like the way it fit my hand. Most of my shooting career, including lately, has been with a Beretta. Recently I broke the Beretta (pieces were being shaved off inside the frame) and I decided through advice from Max, TT, and others that Open would be a better way to increase my proficiency in shooting as I can focus on other things than aligning the sights.

What??? Five seconds isn't a good reload??? Cameron, I'll endure the past-due twin pines stench in exchange for your grilling. T-Moore...A pond is a terrible thing to waste...I leave rings!!! And Johnny, my boy, let's see if your euro-trash pistola can keep up with a 625 with this idiot behind the wheel!!! You are all cordially invited to be a part of Team Sako. The shirts are being printed as we speak. Yer gonna love the logo!!! :P

Jeff

I can't wait for this match!!!

BDH:

You simply have to make your own sectional!!! Besides, I was gonna make you an honorary team member. Tell Mrs. BDH that Sako needs shower priviledges or I'm gonna offend at the match. :P We don't need shooters passing out when I raise up the timer to start 'em. I won't use your toothbrush this time either...I promise!!! Hope to see you there!!!

Jeff

• 4 weeks later...

We are planning to run this match as a Level III (Tournament). homjump.gif

As a Major Level III match, we will have National"s Slots to award. I believe we get three slot per Division...for each division that has 20 or more shooters in it.

OK...revolver shooters...sound off! Can we get twenty revolver shooters to this match? If so, USPSA is offering up slots to the Nationals for you. (And, I'll do my part to see that stage desing isn't evil to the wheel gunners ;) )

Flex,

Revolvers: 20 you say???? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

short round, Indiana Jones,  HA HA you funny man!!!

I would LOVE to see that !!!!!! :wub::wub::wub:

USPSA can't even draw 20 revolvers to the Nationals, but I will do my best to be there.....

HOPE that helps some.

so there you are 10% already......

Jeff.........1

Sam........2

next?

HOPALONG