Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What do you do with the used water from wet tumblers?

Gaucho

I have been using a standard tumbler with corn media for years. It does an alright job, but I am tired of the dust it produces especially since people say the dust surely has lead particles in it.

I am interested in a wet tumbler, but I can't help but think that water would have lead contaminates in it if the dry media does.

On YouTube I see people using their kitchen sink or bath tub to rinse and dispose of the water. Is this what you do also? I have little kids and I don't want anything "lead" in the kitchen or bathtub.

Am I over thinking this?

Personally I just pour it down the kitchen drain, I don't cook in or eat out of the sink so don't worry about that. I guess you could pour it down the toilet if you so desired. I live in an apartment so don't have all the drain options I used to in a house. If you rinse the sink well then I doubt there would be much of anything left in the sink.

I have a slop sink in my garage right next to bench makes for a real nice set up. I think you made a good choice switching to a wet tumbler, When I tested high for lead the first thing I changed was my tumbler and I have tried very hard to wash my hands after every time I shoot or handle my guns and my numbers fell to within reason.

Edited by DS26

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...