Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2014 Mississippi Classic !

Yep. My brother said, "Even a blind hog finds an acorn every once in a while." He even named his hunting camp the Blind Hog Hunt and Fish Club. The club motto is: "I don't want to, and you can't make me."

Glad you made it. See you then.

If you are looking for matches to shoot in your lifetime then this should be on your bucket list. The crew that pulls everything together and then works the match are absolutely awesome. To anyone and everyone involved in the process I would like to say a huge Thank You. I look forward to seeing everyone again next year in Byram.

Great match as always from Steve and his crew!!!! Now for the serious stuff, if you raise the match fee by $2 per head......say 175 paid shooters that would generate an additional $350 which would purchase an additional 3 kegs of Miller Lite as that was floated in about 30 minutes well ahead of the bud light (no discussion on quality of beer needed)....So instead of 2 we could have 5.......now for you non-drinkers wouldn't you pay $2 to have 75% of the competitions heads pounding a little harder on Sunday morning.....great tactical advantage here for a mear $2......What do you think???

1/2 Keg contains:

• 15.5 gallons
  • 1984 oz.
  • 7 cases
  • 165 12oz. servings
  • 124 16oz. servings

Great match as always from Steve and his crew!!!! Now for the serious stuff, if you raise the match fee by $2 per head......say 175 paid shooters that would generate an additional $350 which would purchase an additional 3 kegs of Miller Lite as that was floated in about 30 minutes well ahead of the bud light (no discussion on quality of beer needed)....So instead of 2 we could have 5.......now for you non-drinkers wouldn't you pay $2 to have 75% of the competitions heads pounding a little harder on Sunday morning.....great tactical advantage here for a mear $2......What do you think???

1/2 Keg contains:

• 15.5 gallons
  • 1984 oz.
  • 7 cases
  • 165 12oz. servings
  • 124 16oz. servings

Randal Webb, a drinker with a shooting problem. :roflol:

I want to give a big shout out to Steve specifically but I couldn't ever forget the entire crew of the MS classic. Y'all put on a fantastic match and I will never, ever miss working this match as long as I can help it.

I almost wasn't able to shoot the match due to scheduling issues at work but I was still looking very forward to working it. I did end up being able to shoot and shot one of my worse matches to date but I still ended up pulling out 2nd A which was quite baffling to me. I happily accepted my surprise award and gave Steve a surprise of his own. ;)

To all the competitors who came by stage 6, I hope you had a great time on my stage and, as always, if anyone has any comments, complaints or suggestions for how my crew and I do things, please do not hesitate to ask. I always strive to be consistent and efficient but, most of all, to have a great time. Obviously issues arise that are outside of my control but I try to do the best to keep things running smoothly.

I would also like to thank the whole MS Classic crew for another excellent match. Job well done, guys and gals! Also, all the sponsors (Hear-Pro, Bayou Bullets, JABs, Max's, just to name a few) were quite generous and I know that all the goodies were greatly appreciated.

Squad 8 was one of the best resetting groups I've ever had the pleasure to shoot with! I will be back if I can get in again next year.

I expect to see pics from my Stage #5 spill in the next couple days.

Edited by wgj3

I would also like to thank the whole MS Classic crew for another excellent match. Job well done, guys and gals! Also, all the sponsors (Hear-Pro, Bayou Bullets, JABs, Max's, just to name a few) were quite generous and I know that all the goodies were greatly appreciated.

Squad 8 was one of the best resetting groups I've ever had the pleasure to shoot with! I will be back if I can get in again next year.

I expect to see pics from my Stage #5 spill in the next couple days.

If it's the spill I heard about, I expect to see pics as well!

Thanks to everyone for coming to shoot with us! We thoroughly enjoyed hosting the event again and hope everyone had a blast. From all the feedback and comments, it seems the event ran fairly smooth and we only had a couple 'slow downs' during the weekend. The squads were awesome at helping out, heard nothing but positive. That is critical in keeping everything flowing well.

Thanks to all of our sponsors/vendors that made this possible as well, please support those that support our sport!! We are super fortunate to have Magnolia Rifle & Pistol Club as our host range too. They treat us well and also sponsored all the Juniors!!!! Hats off to our ROs and Match Staff!!! Simply would not happen without all these folks dedicating days of their lives to making it work. Sunday afternoon, I caught myself saying "That guy/gal works their a$$ off..... and him too.... and her.....". It got quite comical because basically I was naming off EVERYONE there as we made each corner to see more folks working.

No more beer for you, Randall. :angry2: However, we are planning to budget in for another 100 pounds of crawfish next year. I think 800 pounds might be the magic number. But then again..... it may be that pouring crawfish out in front of you folks is like tossing steaks in a pool full of piranha... no matter how much you toss.... it'll be consumed. :goof:

So as we close out another year, thanks to everyone involved for making this such a great time.

See ya'll next year!!!!

Edited by MrClean