Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SV Infinity Steel grip worth the $$

Paul-the new guy

This looks perfect! You did all of that work free-hand? Well done! My LSI should be here in October, do you have a waiting list for your grip work ;)

sorry for the learning curve ...and the blind hog...

back to the main subject for the OP, i do like the svi grip. it is sort of like the feel of an XDM with that bulge for our palm. there is more contact between your ahnd and the grip. i have not check the distance to the trigger but i would love to find a grip that makes it a little shorter.

i have not check the distance to the trigger but i would love to find a grip that makes it a little shorter.

SVI trigger bows have different inserts that can adjust that distance.

The inserts come in:

Short Flat

Medium Flat

Long Flat

Short Curved

Medium Curved

Long Curved

Enos Top Curved

Enos Bottom Curved

They also come in Red, Silver, Blue and Black.

Link - Scroll down to the bottom

Yes the SVI trigger bows and inserts can be used on STI frames with additional gunsmith fitting. From the SVI website:

Please Note That ALL Wide Body triggers have a base width of .250in. Polymer Grips will need to be modified in trigger track width to fit correctly. This trigger is not designed to work with our billet grip production.

BC

Edited by BillChunn

• 2 months later...

Amen :-)

you can crack, ruin, burn, melt, destroy, customize, or lose about 10 plastic grips for the price of one SVI grip. Not saying they aren't worth it (if they were to me, I would have one) but that's a lot of coin for something pretty inconsequential to the game. [AMEN :-) ]

Edited by Nightrod

I have a large competition SV grip in stainless steel on my primary limited gun and a Scott style plastic grip on my back up SV. It took some getting used to the heavy grip, having shot polymer grips so long. The added weight in the grip seemed to lighten up the front end and change tracking and transitions. The biggest plus is how solid it makes the gun feel. I never realized how much flex the polymer grip has under recoil.

I recommend the SV steel/stainless grip, they are very well made and worth the money.

Are they worth the $$....IMHO YESSS...Every pennys worth.

I am now using my SVI as my main gun with my STI as my back up.

Something about steel ( agressive texture or not) that you notice straight away....a total lack of "flex"...that's the only

way i can discribe it :surprise:

My new SVI

post-24914-0-16235400-1391893892_thumb.j

My Original ( now back up STI)
post-24914-0-88918600-1348281361_thumb.j
And before it starts.....7/10 of my STI mags WORK GREAT in my new SVI gun. :devil: without modification.
Edited by Carmine