Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pet loads for 9mm M&P's?

Therealkoop

Hey guys, just getting started with reloading. Have been experimenting with different powders and OALs with 124g projectiles. Using WSF/bullseye. Cant tell much of a difference between the two personally, maybe with some more trigger time. Waiting on my 147g projectiles to come in, but I can tell my 147 factory loads seem to be quite a bit more manageable.

Any favorite combinations for recoil/accuracy? Currently using an M&P pro and an M&P 9l with a KKM barrel.

I havnt tried too many combos, and I havnt gone real short on OAL either. 40* outside today.

124g RMR plated

4.7g WSF

1.160 OAL

1055 avg velocity

124g rmr plated

5.0g WSF

1.160 OAL

1100 avg velocity

124g rmr plated

4.0g bullseye

1.145 OAL

998 avg velocity

check out some Clays loadings. I forget the amount, but it was something around 2.8 gn for me to break into minor territory, and it felt more like a BB gun than any other load I've used. Cheap, too! check the manual for minimum starting load and go from there.

check out some Clays loadings. I forget the amount, but it was something around 2.8 gn for me to break into minor territory, and it felt more like a BB gun than any other load I've used. Cheap, too! check the manual for minimum starting load and go from there.

I worked up a load with Berry's plated 115gr over 3.7 gr Clays(126PF@1100 FPS, another tenth will get you to 130PF) and was surprised on how light the recoil was. I compared it to an equivalent velocity 231 load and could tell the difference between the two.

Thanks guys, Just recieved my Extreme plated 147's today. Going to try a couple of these.

Let me know how they do. I am looking for a good subsonic load for my 9mm suppressor

Not too sure what kind of accuracy everyone is getting. I keep getting around 2" groups at 15y. Could be my shitty shooting. Was using mostly 1.170 OAL all day with different charges of WSF from 3.4-4.2g. I noticed after looking through all my targets that I only had 2 groups that were less than 1.5" at 15y, once with my 124's and once with my 147's, both at 1.155 OAL. So Im going to do some more experimenting Friday at that OAL with some different powders.

Too inexperienced to make a good call about projectile quality. All I can say is that they ALL mic to .356.

Well I shot a lot of groups today experimenting. These are the most accurate Ive found (5" KKM bbl).

147g Extreme plated FMJ .356

3.4-3.9g WSF (tried a few, accuracy seems the same)

1.170 OAL

repeated 1" groups at 15yards

124g RMR plated FMJ .355

4.7g WSF

1.170 OAL

1.75" groups at 15yards

124g RMR plated FMJ .355

5.3g Autocomp

1.5" groups at 15 yards.

I tried but i couldn't get bullseye to do anything of value. Temp was also pretty cold today- 36*f.

I use 4.7gr WSF in Ranier plated 124gr projectiles and 4.8gr WSF with Precision Delta 124gr FMJ.

Velocity around 1,050 fps.

For OAL, I load to 1.150".

I have also had good accuracy with 1.135"

Maybe check your crimp, or try a different bullet....

Mick