Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Belt Choices....

shel6977

I have looked at the ELS system and am not opposed to it but what kind of price am I looking at with those forks? They are considerably more expensive than teclocks, are they that much more secure and strong or is it just the ease you are paying for?

The sticker shock isn't terrible since I'm buying over time instead of all at once. Will the ELS work with all the holsters and magazine holsters without modifications?

I have been using CR Speed and DAA belts for USPSA. In general gear fits a bit more snug on DAA belts and the belt is a little more stiff but it's not remarkably better. Especially with my DAA belt I would not want to move any gear around because it is a pain to get most of it on or off the belt.

If you are serious about 3 gun then you should do Safariland ELS or BladeTech TMMS on a CR or DAA to make it easy to move gear around for different matches or stages. I just bought a dedicated ELS for 3 gun but wouldn't mind using it for USPSA.

You will definitely not be able to use the same belt for IDPA as for USPSA or 3 Gun. I just bought a 5.11 belt for IDPA needs.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a safariland els for 3 gun and it is very secure. The fork system makes holsters really easy to take on /off. The belt is very stiff. To my size 32, it is too stiff that sometimes it would come off the inner belt on the back when you bend.

I believe the ideal situation is to have 1 belt for each sport. I prefer the CR Speed (BladeTech) belt for USPSA and the Safariland belt for 3Gun. In 3Gun it is best to be able to modify your belt, based on the stage. Using the Safariland belt with the ELS system, you can easily make the changes necessary for each stage.

• 1 month later...

I use a Double Alpha. I have a 32" waist so I bought a 34" for a little overlap. Wish I would have bought a 36" cause by the time you add a bunch of caddies, it shortens up the belt a little. I only have about an inch of overlap when I have it full of equipment. Other than that, I really like the belt

When ordering a DAA measure your waist. I wear a 32" pant. I measured my waist with a belt on. It measured 36". I ordered a 36" belt and it fit perfectly. I have 4"-5" overlap. Most sites have the actual belt length measurement.